Adirondack Forum

Adirondack Forum (http://www.adkforum.com/index.php)
-   Adirondack History and Folklore (http://www.adkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   French louie geocache? (http://www.adkforum.com/showthread.php?t=23487)

Settter 08-14-2016 09:51 AM

French louie geocache?
 
Anyone ever find the geocache at french louies cave?

geogymn 08-14-2016 11:59 AM

Say it ain't so!

Settter 08-14-2016 12:46 PM

Is so http://m.imgur.com/h7RKwjL they even have gps coradinates that I checked...

dundee 08-15-2016 07:18 AM

Yeah, can't miss it, it's near the town of "Pesico".

Schultzz 08-15-2016 09:35 AM

Yeah. When you stumble into the cave you can ask Mr. Bear if Pokémon was there. :)

Justin 08-15-2016 03:38 PM

As if finding French Louie's cave isn't rewarding enough.... People actually need to leave things behind there & post the gps coordinates on the internet. :gripe:

Hard Scrabble 08-15-2016 04:15 PM

I've done a lot of reading about French Louie.
There's a cave in the Kunjamuck area that was purported to be his, but Louie operated far to the west in the Canada Lake area.
I have read that a hollow birch log was found and supposed to have been an overnight camp near Pillsbury Lake.
Louie the Boy!!!
Jim

jaymann 08-15-2016 06:19 PM

French louie geocache?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hard Scrabble (Post 249060)
I've done a lot of reading about French Louie.
There's a cave in the Kunjamuck area that was purported to be his, but Louie operated far to the west in the Canada Lake area.
I have read that a hollow birch log was found and supposed to have been an overnight camp near Pillsbury Lake.
Louie the Boy!!!
Jim

It's my understanding that he just used the Kunjamuck cave for a night or two when he came into town.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Hard Scrabble 08-16-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymann (Post 249069)
It's my understanding that he just used the Kunjamuck cave for a night or two when he came into town.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Louie always stayed in the hotel at Newtons Corners. (Speculator)
The Kunjamuck cave is a long walk from Newtons' Corners.
Why would he stay in a cave after walking miles from his headquarters In the West Canadas??
Louie stayed in a hotel in Newtons Corners, got drunk, gave all the kids candy and when the money ran out, he went back to the West Canadas.
Jim

cuterocky 08-16-2016 09:48 PM

As you can see in Setter's screenshot, the cache has been archived. This means it is no longer available. I took a look at the page on geocaching.com and no one had located the cache since 2007 so therefore the cache was archived in 2011. So this cache is long gone...

Hard Scrabble 08-17-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuterocky (Post 249131)
As you can see in Setter's screenshot, the cache has been archived. This means it is no longer available. I took a look at the page on geocaching.com and no one had located the cache since 2007 so therefore the cache was archived in 2011. So this cache is long gone...

Thankfully!!!
Jim

dundee 08-17-2016 04:04 PM

Now that the coordinates are out there, it won't be long before someone(s) leaves another and lets not talk about the litter that will surely follow.

Justin 08-17-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dundee (Post 249170)
Now that the coordinates are out there, it won't be long before someone(s) leaves another and lets not talk about the litter that will surely follow.

Reminds me of that time years ago when the former owner/member of this forum posted the location publicly, and shortly thereafter griffity was reported on the cave walls. :banghead:

Hard Scrabble 08-18-2016 03:35 PM

I guess that we've not changed that much over the centuries.
The Aboriginals in Australia spray painted their hands.
Jim


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.