First backwoods brookies of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First backwoods brookies of the year

First trip of the year, we threw our canoe's on our backs and headed in to the woods. We caught a lot of quality fish and some of them very close to 4lbs if not a hair over. They all swam away without any damage besides a sore mouth. God slapped us a few times with high winds and wild rain, i even braved the hail until it started to hurt. All in all it was a good trip and we both got in to some beautiful brookies. Also, five days of eating dehydrated meals should probably be marketed as a weight loss program.
    Last edited by adkbrooktrout; 09-25-2018, 11:29 AM.

Congrats to you fellas ...beautiful trout! Getting kind of a late start today but I'm going to see if I can find their cousins.

Comment

Now those are big slabs of Fontinalis!! You sure you weren't up in Goose Bay,Labrador!
      "Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton

Comment

Very nice job guys. Interesting color variations on them. Sounds like a trip you will remember for a long time. Thanks for sharing. Since I haven't been able to go north yet I am getting my fix from your report.

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Well done! Those are some slabs there!
            Oh I'd rather go and journey where the diamond crest is flowing...

Comment

Nice fish guys!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome trip!!! Even w/ the hail.....

Comment

Nice trip report and photos!

Comment

I'm biting my tongue on this one.
                    Beautiful fish, though.
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Scrabble View Post
                      I'm biting my tongue on this one.
                      Beautiful fish, though.
                      Jim
                      I'm not sure what would make you bite your tongue, if it's in reference to the size or perspective shots of the fish then don't worry i didn't post the pics of our big fish. Can't show all your cards. If it's because of the fish layed out on a pair of wet frog toggs, i assure you they are much less abrasive than a tailing glove and the water temp was 49 degrees, he kicked off fine and was out of the water for maybe 16 secs. We pinch our barbs and stick with artificial 90% of the time. I took that pic on day 1 and caught the same exact fish on day 4. These were all 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 lbs fish and we weigh them in a large basket net to not stress the fish and that weighs 12 oz and thats accounted for.

Comment

Looks like you're standing on the shore in the one shot, did you land that beauty from shore?

Comment

Yes i did. There is a fallen tree 20ft from the camp site. The picture is terrible because it was nearly dark out. One of those last cast situations that payed off.

Comment

All those fish are %100 percent brook trout. The pond is a monoculture and is stocked annually by the dec. Without a doubt all fontinalis.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X