View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Certainly a good point. I was also responding to the suggestion above (not yours) that any land which borders wilderness is wilderness. Obviously illogical - I could as easily say that any land that borders a strip mine should be strip mined.

To your point, though - certainly if the planned development of the private land is shown to damage neighboring state land, that should be prevented / mitigated. But that's what the 7 year (!) review process was about. In 7 years of searching, that problem was not found. Folks here are reacting as though this project was just proposed last week, and was approved "off the cuff" with no reviews.
I think I beg to diuffer aboput no problem being found. If I remember right there was/is a huge concerns about the effect of the runoff on the lake and the long term damage it will do.

In spite of that, because of the economy the wh**es allowed politics to be the deciding factopr and not the facts.
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson