View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #48
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
OK wait. You're pointing a finger at people burning plastic, but you pour gasoline on the wood to start a fire? How environmently safe is that? And the odor of gasoline is as acrid, if not more so, then the plastic fumes.
That was sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell. It was a spin-off of the original post for this poll, and the comparisons made earlier in the thread between burning your trash while camping vs. omissions from gasoline while driving to the trailhead. Rest assured I always use natural tinder when starting a campfire, which I usually keep fairly small when I'm by myself.

However, in light of the majority ruling here, starting this weekend I think that I will get a good roaring campfire going, and start burning my trash instead of doing the right thing and carrying it out. It does seem easier and I'm starting to get a little lazy as I get a bit older. Stay tuned for the photos.

(More sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell...but yes I will be camping this weekend, and not burning any trash.)

Have a good weekend everybody.
Be safe, and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Last edited by Justin; 06-30-2014 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: still annoyed by this thread
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote