View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #9
Adirondackiteer
Barefoot Hiker

I admit I don't really know a thing about XC skis, despite doing it often as a family growing up, we never knew the finer details lol. I assumed the scales where for going up hills versus smooth skis for flats, I never heard of kick wax before but will look into it! I am not sure what is going on with the pics they are there but sometimes do not appear on the screen unless I press refresh. I used to host most my pics on photobucket until they stopped allowing you to hotlink them. Now I am using my google photo account. Wish the forum allowed a bit more attachment capability.

Maybe it would be easier finding boots for my other set of skis (not sure what its called but instead of 3 pins it has a small horizontal bar that clicks in). They are a bit newer Alpinas with the scales but I broke the tip on one hitting a tree a few years ago (just near the tip, the skis seem to still work ok best I can tell) but the main reason I have not used those lately is the purple coloring on the boot is disintegrating and it stains your socks really bad if wear them! Those boots are slightly narrower yet.

39/46 get'n closer
19/46 barefoot
Adirondackiteer is offline   Reply With Quote