View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 04:53 AM   #47
fvrwld

Hello. My name is Valerie. I live in west Sand Lake NY. I work as an RN at an Albany hospital on the night shift(explains any strange post-times). I recently got a computer and this site is probably the best thing I've found so far. Growing up I wasn't too exposed to the outdoors. When I was 20 I went up to Lake Placid to watch the RPI hockey team play in the ECAC tournament and just fell in love with the Adirondacks. Later that same year I was introduced to camping and fishing by various friends and my love of the outdoors has just grown from there. I've gone from car-camping to a few canoe trips to backpacking almost every weekend April-Nov(winter camping is next). Most weekends its just me and my dog Gerard. The friends that got me into it rarely go now so I guess I'm looking for some new friends to go with. I suppose I'm more of a pond-bagger than a peak-bagger. I usually end up in the Pharoah Lakes, Siamese Ponds, or West Canada Lakes Wildernesses. I would like to do the 46 but I tend to steer away from the crowds. I have only climbed Marcy and Whiteface but have climbed a lot of the less popular mountains. I plan on doing the Northville Placid Trail mid-September.