Little guy before the heat sets in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little guy before the heat sets in

I don't know the length or weight, but easily one of the biggest stream fish I've caught. buddy had some filter going on his camera which sucks, but oh well. Took my staple fly, the one fly I'd pick if I had to survive off of my fishing...Olive hare's ear.

Anyone else been out? this forum was kind of the last frontier for internet forums as most things are moving to facebook. Don't see nearly as many reports or convos on here as in years past. still more active than the rod building forum and other fishing forums, but still fading

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Lee Wulff

Very nice fish from excellent water.

You are right about the decline of the forum. It's too bad because Facebook and Instagram aren't local and just feed you more of what you last looked at until you're ready to puke.

Forums like this are going down the tubes because it's a pita to post stuff and it's so easy elsewhere. Also FB cuts off the serious rants and arguments that plague forums. And as the community declines I'm less likely to post, perpetuating the descent.

It's been great knowing you guys!!!
    Oscar Wilde:Work is the curse of the drinking class

Comment

Nice fish! The fishing club I run would pee to catch that babe.

Comment

Great Rainbow gmorin!!
        I think this "Hunting & Fishing in the Adirondacks" forum is still a very good and unique forum. It has some very talented outdoor members. Maybe the spring fishing reports were down a bit from past years but there are probably some good reasons for it. I did not even get to the mountains for brookies this spring due to some family obligations but I have enjoyed the posts from those who did more than ever and I plan to fish this fall with my float tube. Congrats to CW and gmorin's personal best fish this spring!! And Beartooths reports have been terrific.
        Vtflyfish... don't throw in your forum towel yet. We all live for the picture ladden posts from you, Glen and UpstateDave's adventures. You have plenty of good fishing yet to report!! By the way where is Glen's Brookie King crown? Crown defense trip in the fall might be in order from you guys?

Comment

Big slab of bow! Nice fish gmorin!!

Im still around reading everyones posts.Just haven't caught anything worth sharing on this forum this year yet.

Did do a photography waterfall hike this past friday after the rains on thursday..I posted some photos of my hike in the Photography category.
          "Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton

Comment

Gmorin,
            Excellent bow!

It's been a weird spring, seems short with the late ice out and now stifling heat. This past month has been busy for me with a variety of other commitments so fishing has taken a bit of a back seat. I've been out sporadically for my usual 3 hour blocks when I can with varying degrees of success. I did get a 20" brook trout awhile back but I didn't get a good picture so didn't bother posting it. Got skunked a few times too trying some new ponds. Haven't touched a stream since April.

As for this place I hope it survives and some new blood comes in. Its been around since 2003 which is pretty remarkable and a testament to those who've maintained it over the years. I guess it will go where it goes based on usage and interest. Some frequent contributors have passed away, that doesn't help things.

And %&$#$@ facebook. I've got some real problems with their business practices and their contributions to certain events that took place in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Creekwader View Post

As for this place I hope it survives and some new blood comes in.
              CW it would help if you veterans shared some of your productive waters so us newbies would have something to post. Just kidding!

Hoping you old timers continue to post. I have learned a lot and enjoy the banter between all of you. The Spring tie-offs have been particularly helpful.
              Oh I'd rather go and journey where the diamond crest is flowing...

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly D. View Post
                CW it would help if you veterans shared some of your productive waters so us newbies would have something to post. Just kidding!
                hahahaha

I also hope that we keep plugging on here. I can't tell you how much I have learned over the years. A lot of the products that I use were forum member recommendations not to mention the countless hours I have spent just looking stuff up and checking out pictures over the years while I am bored giving exams at work. Keep it going!
                "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Lee Wulff

Comment

I'd also noticed the fishing posts seem to be a little down from last year. I figured circumstances were maybe keeping folks from fishing. I look on here about every day for new posts. I don't do FB. I'd be in the ADK almost every weekend I(and posting) if I wasn't 6+ hours away.

Today, I did put in for 2 weeks of vacation in early to mid October. ADK and Maine are the fall Brook Trout destinations....

In the meantime, I'm hoping for a cool, rainy weekend to take the new Hornbeck out on a cold, Catskills pond.

Also stumbled across a 3 part Youtube video on the "Quest for the Sunapee Trout". That pond threw some nice sized charr, but, man its waayyy up there.......but am thinking......

Comment

I Guess it's Time...

To Resurrect this One again:
                    "Kingdom It Will Come" by The Dad Horse Experience from the album "Dead Dog on a Highway"http://www.dad-horse-experience.commusic video by Nicolas Drolc

Broadcasting directly from Swastika, NY.

Comment

keep those music clips coming!

Comment

Lemme go ask my wife...

Artist: The Dad Horse ExperienceAlbum: Dead Dog on a Highway (2011)Track #9: St. James Infirmary (trad.)Support: https://www.dad-horse-experience.org/ | http...

I've got the photos to prove it.

Artist: The Dad Horse ExperienceAlbum: Dead Dog on a Highway (2011)Track #11: Ganz war ich nieSupport: https://www.dad-horse-experience.org/ | https://thedad...

Made 'em with a potato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cje5...NbzWV6&index=1.
                        Last edited by serotonin; 07-16-2018, 12:46 AM.

Comment

The Tragic Fisherman Song

The following happened at Black River Falls:

Something to do with a fish, and a man, and a bug, and a wife, and a mermaid, and mistakes.
                          It's been documented.

Humble music for humble people.

Comment

Don't Encourage Me

This little ditty;
                            Declan Sinnott (short sleeves left)Christy Moore (long sleeves Middle)Shane MacGowan (singer right)

I'll chop you downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,
                            like an old dead tree.

Comment

Nice Fangs!

Eagle Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X