View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #61
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin QAAD View Post
I think the problem with the DEC is that you may get multiple opinions depending on who you got out on that brook. [edited out river]

I've had some experience with the DEC where you get conflicting information but anything they tell me to do I pretty much follow because they do have quite a bit of enforcement power.

I am really surprised, considering the language used in the state's intervention, that if these barriers were as they say the DEC didn't immediately dismantle these horrendous obstructions.

I hope for the owners sake there isn't a group of tire tubers with beer floats getting ready to exercise their rights in this case. I'm sure that's their ultimate fear not a couple environmentally conscious paddlers.
Then they would have been best served to not post or erect barriers and draw publicity as a result of it.

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote