View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 05:28 PM   #42
Charlie
Camp Cook

About Me

Hello all, some of you know me from the VFTT forum, but I've not met any of you yet with the exception of bgk, although I'm sure we've crossed paths. The "about me" section of my website gives a quick overview but I'll add a few lines here as well.

Currently I am 43 yrs old, I have been married for over 20 years. My wife and I have 4 children. I actually grew up in the concrete jungle of Philadelphia but my soul has always belonged outdoors. I remember being teased as a kid and being called "nature boy". I knew more about bugs and animals than my science teachers. After getting out of the Air Force I found myself in Upstate NY and I was finally close enough to the outdoors to begin to pursue a passion that had always been inside of me. I only really started hiking seriously over the last 3-4 years though.

I also became a Christian in 1986 and now appreciate the outdoors all the more as I look at the splendor of God's creation.

I am currently a systems engineer for an office systems dealership in Albany, NY and while I enjoy technology and my work, I would love to find a way to get paid to romp in the woods.

Besides Hiking and Backpacking, I really enjoy Fishing and Hunting. Anything to get me in the woods I guess. My wife doesn't share my passion for the outdoors presently, which would be nice but my kids do so it's all good. Maybe someday!

Charlie's Adirondack Adventures
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote