View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 04:51 AM   #48
adkgirl

Little about me

Hi all...I am new to this board....thought I would introduce myself...
My name is Gail. I am 40 years old. I am a Customer Service Rep/night auditor at a local hotel . I have 3 great kids and one beautiful grandson. I have always had a thing for hiking and camping. I live about 10 minutes from Lake George. About 8 years ago, a bunch of friends and I went camping and decided to climb Wakely Mt. When I got to the top, there was no turning back. Did a few more with fire towers, Hadley being right by me so did that one (beautiful!!) but then ended up with a fractured femur and had to get a total hip replacement because the fracture wouldn't heal correctly. So...after three years of being on crutches and healing.... I am back and ready to take the plunge and start on my 46 high peaks, I am sooo looking forward to it and I am so glad that I found this forum! My 13 year old and I are also going to be working on the Fire Tower Challenge. Well, I suppose that is all. Thanks for this opportunity for people to introduce themselves. Its good to "kindof" know who we are writing to.

Gail
adkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote