View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #24
wildbrookies

That was a very unforgettable camping trip my brother was talking about....despite the lack of any trout to butterfly and cook on an openfire(bad luck in the ponds as usual )....good thing we planned on the venison kabobs no matter what...something about eating food over an open fire that really has alot of flavor...I remember being so hungry and after tasting a few of those morsels, it rivaled the best cut of steak at a good restruant ...and I remember the coyotes calling from two differant 0peaks as they hunted during the night......the loons were very vocal as well right at sundown..eating those ~bobs off of the skewers and watching the stars twinkle...I know that trip was going to be hard to beat...especially after a few cold brews to wash everything down with...we were very lucky, to be able to do those trips together...hopefully ,a few more can be planned in the future...but, first gotta get my horns this year and try some of the above awesome ,mouthwatering recipes that you guys so nicely posted, thanks all...

Wb
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote