View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 04:17 AM   #8
Jeff

Hi, I'm Jeff and I'm the ADK Forum Super Moderator

Hi folks. I'm Jeff(ADKBackpacker). I'm 37 years old, and thankfully no kids yet(that I know of) .

I grew up in the country/woods in Grafton, NY. We(my brother and friends) spent a lot of time at Grafton Lakes State Park, and would often hike around the lakes and ponds all throughout the area so I've always been pretty familiar with being outdoors.

My first dak experience I was 17. I worked at the Word of Life college and camp in Schroon Lake, NY for the summer in the campus laundry facility. They were having an outing/dayhike. Giant Mt. It was my first High Peak, and oddly enough, the last one I have done so far, at the time of this post. I recall sitting at the top of Roaring Brook Falls.

Loved it.

And once I achieved the peak, Whew, Awesome!!! Fell in love with the Adirondacks and knew I had to see as much of them as I could, if not all of it.

I've done countless day hikes, night hikes(by moonlight, no headlamp), a whole plethera of weekend excursions, and one week long into the Five Ponds Wilderness Region. I've done a whole bunch of High Peaks. Most of them more than once and some of them a few times. So I total 12 peaks at last count.

Can't get enough of the outdoors!

In addition to my Backpacking and Hiking, I've also done a bit of caving and rock climbing(I'm a bit of a thrill seeker)

Other than that, I was in the U.S. Army for 3 years at Ft. Bragg, NC (Helicopter Mechanic)1985-88, Got my A.A.S. in Aviation Maintenance Technology from Eastern New Mexico University in Roswell, NM(U.F.O. Country)1990-92, and was in The N.Y.S. National Guard for 1 year 2000-2001, and during that time was part of the first group to be deployed to the World Trade Center on 9/11.

So that's basically me. Kevin can fill you in on the rest of the craziness we've been through together over the years. Hope to see some of you out there on the trails, and maybe even get together and do some hiking .
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote