Autumn Adirondack Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Adirondack Adventure

October 5th: It does not take much to persuade me to visit the Adirondacks and I had been getting the urge to kayak another small portion of the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. I had been stalking the…
    Visit me at: www.adirondackjoe.wordpress.com
    Whats the matter Col. Sanders, Chicken!

Nice report Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenFrog View Post
      Nice report Joe.
      x2
      "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

And here I thought Adirondack Joe referred to a cup of coffee! Very nice report.

Comment

Thank you

Sorry all I've been away for a bit. Thank you for your compliments...

Comment

Very nice report and beautiful pictures. What camera and lens system did you use? They are so alive with color.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillhunter View Post
              Very nice report and beautiful pictures. What camera and lens system did you use? They are so alive with color.
              They are indeed nice! Your question made me curious as well- Below is EXIF data in-bedded in his image "Beginning my journey on 6th Lake".... Sort of stalking I suppose, but to answer anybody else's similar question about an image they come across on the web... simply enter web address in appropriate box here:

Tells me ADKJoe knows what he is doing with very nice equipment, (even though i am a Nikon guy myself - lol) ...and it indeed shows in his pics

Canon EOS 7D, Lens: EF28-70mm f/2.8L USM (Shot at 28 mm)
              Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/500 sec, f/6.3, ISO 200
              Date: October 6, 2016 9:25:39AM

Comment

Camera Equipment

Hi guys,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments... I use a Canon 7D DSLR body with Canon L series lenses. I don't always take out those lens in my canoe or kayak since they are very expensive to replace. However I have found that the Canon 18-135 EFS lens is a good alternative and very less expensive. So I use that as well. RichieC its kind of like Ford & Chevy....LOL

Originally posted by RichieC View Post
                They are indeed nice! Your question made me curious as well- Below is EXIF data in-bedded in his image "Beginning my journey on 6th Lake".... Sort of stalking I suppose, but to answer anybody else's similar question about an image they come across on the web... simply enter web address in appropriate box here:

Tells me ADKJoe knows what he is doing with very nice equipment, (even though i am a Nikon guy myself - lol) ...and it indeed shows in his pics

Canon EOS 7D, Lens: EF28-70mm f/2.8L USM (Shot at 28 mm)
                Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/500 sec, f/6.3, ISO 200
                Date: October 6, 2016 9:25:39AM

Comment

Originally posted by ADKJoe View Post
                  Hi guys,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments... I use a Canon 7D DSLR body with Canon L series lenses. I don't always take out those lens in my canoe or kayak since they are very expensive to replace. However I have found that the Canon 18-135 EFS lens is a good alternative and very less expensive. So I use that as well. RichieC its kind of like Ford & Chevy....LOL
                  Audi/Lexus... perhaps... no stinkin Chevys!

I bought a small as possible waterproof pelican case for mine. Its heavy and so is the camera, l makes for a brick to carry. On my first trip with it, I landed my guideboat solo onto a beaver dam to look over the situation.. it floated around on its tether once my weight was out of it, came to land on the dam in a different spot. . When I got back in from the end, (I knew it was going to be tricky) it bottomed out on a hidden branch buried by the beavers in the mud tilted to one side, and as s quick as you can say... absolutely nothing, the boat tipped just enough to instantly fill. I got one leg wet retrieving my pack and all the other floating gear... which was unceremoniously grabbed and thrown up onto shore as fast as i could. And off floated my Pelican... I had to launch to get it! LOL

A $60 investment immediately returned about 6G's in savings- as everything was dry as a bone. ... I now don't mind the weight so much... I open it, take a pic, then lock it back up and worry about nothing short of a nuclear blast. Latches are tight, you'll break a nail.

For whats it worth.

Comment

Working...
                  X