3 pin boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check these out!

I have not had a chance to ski mine as winter (at least skiing ended a bit early). These boots are UK sized, which is one size smaller than US sizing. A UK 9 would equal a US 10.
    They are a beautiful leather, stiff sides, the soles are very stiff torsionally, yet flex very nicely. They are reported to be a bit heavy by guys that ski leathers regularly. I currently ski an S=bound 112 and T-4's, I purchased this boot to lighten up both in weight and flex (this boot is lighter and flexes easier and differently than the T-4) and to match up with a 70 MM underfoot waxable double camber ski. Here is a link to the forum where I discovered this boot, and a more knowledgeable review of the boot. I am a solid skier and a competent telemarker. I am however, learning about what might be more "XCD" for lack of a better term. Here is the link, and as of today the boot is available in your size. About $80 shipped to MI from the UK
    This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips / Telemark Francais Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web since 1998. East, West, North, South, Canada, US or Europe, Backcountry or not.

Comment

Originally posted by rdl View Post
      The front extension of one of my Alico leather boots have started to separate so I need to look into either repair or replacement. The boots are in excellent shape other than that -- so I'm leaning towards repair, however I don't want to be without the boots for an extended period of time. There is no place local that would repair so I'd have to ship out.

So -- suggestions on any place that will replace the vibram base on my boot, or suggestions on online retailers other than the traditional Amazon, REI or STP?

I can get a new pair of Alicos from STP for $179, which I'll probably do if nothing better is apparent -- but would consider alternatives as well.

Usage will be ungroomed, off trail terrain in the Adirondacks and local to me,

Thanks in advance...
      My old three pin shoes (not boots) would split on a line with the pins after years of use.

Comment

Working...
      X