Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite fire tower?

Self explanatory.

And a good first thread for the new subforum.
    Last edited by DSettahr; 05-06-2010, 03:56 PM.

Wakely.

What list?
    The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

I was going to make a poll, but the maximum poll options is a measly 10. Not enough to list every tower. Can we increase that limit to at least 30? Preferably 40 or 50?

My favorite is St. Regis.

Comment

List of Towers
        The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

Originally posted by DSettahr View Post
          Self explanatory.

And a good first thread for the new subforum.
          Lyon.firetower.When it used to have a round ''table-top'' map when you got in to the top of the tower.You could see all the peaks and names. Tower still there. map is gone. Looncry

Comment

Goodnow.

the view from this tower is perhaps for best for a complete view of the entire High Peaks mountain range. Wider view than Hurricane.

Taken this winter:

Comment

Vanderwacker. Fond memories of driving the access road in a Honda Civic and having to back up about 300 yards for a logging truck.
              Last edited by PA Ridgerunner; 05-06-2010, 04:07 PM. Reason: spelin
              Steve

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander

Comment

More firetower pictures please. I freeze up halfway up them and never reach the top.

I know its irrational but my husband takes the camera up.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowcanoe View Post
                  More firetower pictures please. I freeze up halfway up them and never reach the top.

I know its irrational but my husband takes the camera up.
                  Here's one for you. The view was the same from the top.

Steve

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander

Comment

Originally posted by PA Ridgerunner View Post
                    Here's one for you. The view was the same from the top.
                    Is that Pillsbury?

Comment

I've been to all the towers on the ADK Fire Tower Challenge list and I'd have to say my favorite is always the one I'm in at the moment. If I had to pick I'd probably say St. Regis.

Comment

OK, I know this is off topic but my least favorite hike on the fire tower challenge so far is Spruce Mt. (tower inaccessible).

Back on topic: most favorite so far is Mt. Adams WITH the tower. The tower is inaccessible at the moment, until DEC/Adkhighpeaks Foundation work on the tower. No views without it.

Dick

Comment

only been to 4 but working on that...so id say out of them bald being on the rock ledge overlooking the lakes..
                          ADK 46-R # 6750W
                          CL-50 #51
                          CATSKILLS 9/35
                          NPT--Complete 7-6-13

Comment

Fort Noble Mountain (although it is no longer there)

Comment

I've only been up two...Mt Arab a couple of times, which is nice, and Balsam Lake Mt in the Cats, which is also nice, but a thunderstorm was coming in while we were in the tower and we didn't linger long.
                              “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

Working...
                              X