View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 12:46 AM   #513
imonacan

Hi All,

I'm Bill, from Rochester, NY. I like to primitive camp, hike, and do some short go- lite backpacking trips, do some nature recording (audio soundscapes), and some bird and nature watching. I'm getting a little older and a bit lazier, and don't do the walking and remote camping that I used to, and find myself car camping in selected spots, more often than not. I'll occasionally go to a public campground, if it's a good one with nice scenery, not overcrowded, and some space between the sites.
I've always loved the Adirondacks, and usually make several trips a year , to do some research, or just what I've mentioned above. Wish I could spend more time there, and see more of it. I'd say I've camped in the Moose River Plains, the most often. I also camp a lot, in the wilds of northern PA, and in the Allegheny NF, as well as on State lands in the NY southerntier. Unfortunately, they have most of them gated, this season.
Happy to have joined this forum, as I've been lurking and reading for quite a while. Take it easy, and talk to you later.
imonacan is offline   Reply With Quote