Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mount Everest: Confessions of an Amateur Peakbagger (special book offer)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Everest: Confessions of an Amateur Peakbagger (special book offer)

SPECIAL BOOK OFFER

In December of 2006, Rochester, NY executive Kevin Flynn climbed Mt. Kosciuszko in Australia to become a part of a very elite climbing club. He is one of only 90 people (30 Americans) to have climbed the highest mountains on each continent. The absolute pinnacle of Mountaineering, the SEVEN SUMMITS.

By far his hardest step along the way was Everest, which took two attempts, the first nearly killing him and resulting in his evacuation from the mountain. This book is a very humble account of those climbs. Kevin is a special because his pedigree for climbing is similar to many of ours. He cut his climbing "teeth" in our beloved "Adirondacks". Kevin discovered the high peaks just after high school in the mid-seventies and became 46er #2349 in 1987 after finishing on Allen. As far and high as he's gone in the "climbing" world, Kevin still loves his Adirondacks.

Kevin is a supporter of the ADKHighpeaks Foundation and has graciously donated 50 signed copies to us to be sold through our foundation to raise money for our cause. We make this special offer to you. These books are signed by Kevin and in brand new condition.

They retail on AMAZON for $15.95 (unsigned), and we offer our signed copies of them at the same price (plus shipping). $20 will get your copy sent to your door. This book is has a 5-star customer rating on Amazon. If you like books on Mountaineering, or just want to be taken on a journey from Mt. Haystack to the top of the world........ this book is PERFECT for you.

Get your special (signed) copy HERE
    $20 per copy (shipping included)

Learn More at Kevin's website

A few reviews from names you might recognize.

"I think people should climb for the fun of climbing. Flynn obviously loves the mountains and you'll have fun reading about his climbs."
    - Ed Viesturs
    "I've climbed with Flynn on Everest and Elbrus and he understands that there's a lot more to mountaineering than just getting to the summit. I think this book will help the reader understand the joy and pain that accompanies every climber on a big mountain climb. Flynn gets it."
    - Phil Ershler
    100% of the Proceeds go to the Foundation

* - We expect to start shipping within the next week or so - Early July 2009 (Kevin is signing them now )

** - If you want more then two copies, contact me at: tdubois@adkhighpeaksfoundation.org
    Last edited by Mavs00; 06-27-2009, 10:48 AM.
    "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger. " Supreme Chancellor

Important note: (that I forgot about, but paypal didn't):

If you live in New York (and having it shipped to NY). Gov. Patterson wants his $1.60 too . Final price w/shipping and tax ($21.60). Out of NY is still $20.00
    "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger. " Supreme Chancellor

Comment

Books are in stock and shipping.

Comment

I just wanted to put a note here for everyone...first, this is a very enjoyable read - reads like some of our trip reports. It's not at all like Dick Bass's book Seven Summits...Bass is one of the richest men in the US. Kevin Flynn is just one of us...

Second, when I called and asked him about helping the Foundation, he simply said yes...before we even discussed details. He loves the Adirondacks and the fact that his donation will be put to benefit a spot that he loves, just like we all do.

Pick up a copy - you'll be glad you did! Supplies are limited, so don't wait...
        “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

I wanted to send a quick note out....we have about eight books left, so if you're interested now is the time to pick one up!! Great summer reading!
          “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

This book is an interesting, entertaining read. The author's Adirondack roots become obvious by the second paragraph. The description of the formative, somewhat clueless first hike up Haystack evoked memories of our early hiking.

I don't know if there are any of the Foundation copies left, but if there are I'd recommend snapping up one or more of the remaining ones. It's a unique book at a good price, signed by the author, plus the purchase will kick a few bucks towards the Foundation's works on our collective behalf. Everyone wins.

Comment

Originally posted by SummitHat View Post
              This book is an interesting, entertaining read. The author's Adirondack roots become obvious by the second paragraph. The description of the formative, somewhat clueless first hike up Haystack evoked memories of our early hiking.

I don't know if there are any of the Foundation copies left, but if there are I'd recommend snapping up one or more of the remaining ones. It's a unique book at a good price, signed by the author, plus the purchase will kick a few bucks towards the Foundation's works on our collective behalf. Everyone wins.
              Seven copies left....

Comment

Working...
              X