Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all CYA........ I'll consider changing the language (to make everyone happy) when I get some time, but it essentially means what Kevin said.

"Physical, written, and verbal threats made against forum members, either within or outside the context of the forum, is prohibited and could result in a permanent ban from the forum(s)."

To tell you the truth, it was written and posted several years ago, and just adopted over here. I didn't even consider that people would get bent about it. I'll put it on the list of things to "to do", and we'll change it to reflect that language.

I agree with almost all of hat you said. But it has occurred in the past, and upon legal advice, it's in their. Perhaps not in the best language, but it is in there to stay. You are right, you can't really cover yourself, but you must try. The internet is tricky business like that.
    "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger. " Supreme Chancellor

Comment

I've been told a couple hundred times I should have been a lawyer .

Comment

I beleive the language changes have been made to all the applicable styles. Hopefully, it's palatable to most everyone.
        "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger. " Supreme Chancellor

Comment

It all makes sense to me
          Videos --- Camp Loonsong --- Mountains Climbed

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            ...in any state other than Connecticut

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              Originally posted by Judgeh View Post
              ...in any state other than Connecticut
              I've actually been told by a judge that I whould have been a lawyer!
              "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk View Post
                RIIIIIIIIIGHT

Comment

First guy’s quote: From the thread “Hiking and Camping Certificate”
                  Look at this forum, a great deal of people from different walks of life, who disagree on many things, yet respect each other for passion we share, Love of the Outdoors.
                  Second guy’s quote: From the thread “Amended Forum Rules”
                  So if I want to call someone an idiot I either have to ask their permission to tell then that in a PM or else I have to call them an idiot publicly?
                  The sentiment expressed in the first quote is indicative of how great things can be on the forum. Respecting others in spite of disagreements is the kind of atmosphere that encourages the exchange of information and ideas.

The second quote although stated in the context of discussing the forum rules was a bit of a downer.

It can’t be denied that both guys have consistently presented excellent points of view, but to my way of thinking, the quote from the first guy was more enlightened.

Comment

Originally posted by starzero View Post
                    First guy’s quote: From the thread “Hiking and Camping Certificate”

Second guy’s quote: From the thread “Amended Forum Rules”

The sentiment expressed in the first quote is indicative of how great things can be on the forum. Respecting others in spite of disagreements is the kind of atmosphere that encourages the exchange of information and ideas.

The second quote although stated in the context of discussing the forum rules was a bit of a downer.

It can’t be denied that both guys have consistently presented excellent points of view, but to my way of thinking, the quote from the first guy was more enlightened.
                    And the quote fron the second guy was meant to be taken in good humor.

But then again, I respect idiots as well.
                    "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Internet posts often convey different meanings to different people. Something written on the forum intended to be humorous may be perceived very differently by someone else reading it.
                      As always, thanks you for your point of view.

Reminds me of Hitchcock’s “Strangers on a Train”. Similar theme.

Comment

I've actually been told by lawyers and that I should be a judge and even considered running for town justice!
                        Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Respectable thoughts which you share.
                          Appreciated Things <3

Comment

Working...
                          X