View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #53
Tug Hill

[QUOTE=mgc;266451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;266442
We should be thankful for that.
Not everyone (few) subscribe to the hype.
Of the students that I teach, none of them put harvesting a deer with big horns as their first priority. Harvesting a deer to put in the freezer comes after simply being successful.
We still laugh about the audacity of a local QDMA fanatic who belittled a youth hunter for her first harvest, a 6 point buck, on her families land... rather than congratulate her for her good fortune (a 14 year old) he berated her...he and his "group" have the adjoining acreage locked up for "management"... the deer they don't/won't take end up destroying nearby crops and end up being taken on nuisance permits.
The DEC has a broader perspective of the overall management needs of the regions because they take more than horns into consideration...
Earlier in this post someone suggested crossbows could help to inspire more youth participation....baloney...success does that.
Your post clearly shows your ignorance of the QDM concept, which has always encouraged youth hunters. Like I stated in another post, “ some will get it , others will never get it .” You clearly are the latter, and I won’t waste my time trying to enlighten you.
Tug Hill is offline   Reply With Quote