View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 05:34 PM   #50
MrKawfey

Not sure if anyone else has a similar experience, but I actually found the winters to be easier up north than down south. I lived north of the blue line and now I live south of the blue line.

Living up north it was much colder, snowier and the winter was longer. However, once the weather started getting cold, it stayed cold. When winter came you made an internal adjustment in your attitude and you were prepared for it. Long underwear, the right coat, gloves, hat, etc. were all part of your daily life.

Down here in the south the winter is a mess. Cold, then warm. Many days you wear your fleece. When you need a winter coat you feel like it's a hassle to get it out so you freeze for a day in the fleece. The snow is not pretty for very long before it gets plowed, dirty, rained on, etc.

Maybe climate change has something to do with it as well. It's been over 15 years since I lived north of the blue line and maybe winter is changing as much up there as it is down here.

Maybe I'm just getting older and crankier.

Either way, I found winters up north much more tolerable than winters down here. Right now I'm nearly going crazy looking forward to spring.
MrKawfey is offline   Reply With Quote