No announcement yet.

Photo Theme: Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey stipperguy, you dont have the forms for that guideboat, do ya?

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. These are working boats.
      (...that photo of Pat Brown's barn makes me drool)
      Attached Files
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
      It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I wish I had the money to afford some of these beautiful boats! I simply own a Perception Arcadia and a Perception Torrent. That's the life of a college student I suppose
        Videos --- Camp Loonsong --- Mountains Climbed

Comment

I forgot to add the 2-Man Sevylor raft,
          and the Blue Goose on the home made roof rack system:
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, these are some beautiful shots! I sure wish Colden had submitted his October shot for the calendar competition...
            Emily T

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
            -- Mark Twain

Comment

Some nice pictures in there guys...

Here are some contributions from a 2003 fishing trip...
              Attached Files
              ...And all that could have been.

Comment

I love these threads!

The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

First photo is my darling bride's Valentine's day gift!
                  Stumbled on this second one from 1986 when my 17 footer was just a baby.
                  Attached Files

Comment

From Rattlesnake Mtn, overlooking Lake Champlain

:
                    :

Qam1

http://www.lowerwolfjaw.com/qam1 - Everything & Anything on the Adirondacks
                    :
                    :

Comment

1st one on our maiden voyage of our homemade Bayhawk stripper. My son and spent all winter 2007-2008 on this one. Great memories.
                      2nd in AK
                      Attached Files
                      Backpacking: An extended form of hiking in which people carry double the amount of gear they need for half the distance they planned to go in twice the time it should take. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Mr. Ramen,
                        Very nice!! I like the idea of a hull that's as fast as a kayak, and just as safe without the discomfort of the small cockpit opening. what's inside those bulkheads? And where's the seat? Any other photos?

Comment

The design is from www.sandypointboatworks.com . The design is all his but I enjoyed lofting out the design and creating this one as my own. I did shorten the length from the original plans but I would definately be as happy with the longer version. He also has a newer 2 person design now. I was able to make this without too much skill, just some patience. The forward decking has an inlayed "wet style" Royal Coachman Fly. Once it warms some more it will get a good buffing and re-application of UV resistant varnish.

Anyways, I have not installed a seat yet. I have been using two boat cushions for the seat resting against the rear bulkhead. This is working welll for now as I am losing weight and the final position of a seat will be changing once I drop another 40lbs. I plan on making two watertight openings in the bulkheads fore and aft. This past summer was spent on the water quite a bit. Thanks for the compliment, I am very proud of what we created.
                          Attached Files
                          Backpacking: An extended form of hiking in which people carry double the amount of gear they need for half the distance they planned to go in twice the time it should take. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Lake Ontario, NY

And a little experiment:
                            Hike Always.
                            http://dunbarsm.wordpress.com

Comment

I call this one "The Short Cut"

'I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.' - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

On Duck Lake, Cayuga County
                                Attached Files
                                For me and for thousands with similar inclinations, the most important passion of life is the overpowering desire to escape periodically from the clutches of a mechanistic civilization. To us the enjoyment of solitude, complete independence, and the beauty of undefiled panoramas is absolutely essential to happiness.- Bob Marshall

Comment

Working...
                                X