Props to the Adirondacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hard Scrabble View Post
    I'm sure that Helms and other responsible float plane operators instructed their clients on proper behavior.
    One incident should not condemn the industry.
    I've seen the same behavior of hikers in "wilderness" areas.
    Key words are "responsible float plane operators". My incident was not with Helms, but with another operator with a clearly labeled plane. Bad behavior by one segment of outdoor users does not excuse another.
    "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Wldrns View Post
      Key words are "responsible float plane operators". My incident was not with Helms, but with another operator with a clearly labeled plane. Bad behavior by one segment of outdoor users does not excuse another.
      So, we throw the baby out with the bath water????
      That's like labeling all hikers jerks because they left trash behind.
      Jim

Comment

My beef was with that one particular operator only, and the ranger to whom I reported has verified similar past instances.
        "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

You justified my last post.
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Scrabble View Post
            You justified my last post.
            Jim
            Sure, I'll report and throw out anyone I can identify who doesn't play by accepted ethics and rules, hikers included.

Comment

Commendable.

Comment

Working...
              X