View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #88
randomscooter
Native Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
I don't blame them. Poverty causes death too. But if you believe the Alarmists everyone needs to stop and go back to the Stone age to save the world.

So turn off a light and save a species!
Okay, so now I know that you define Alarmists as those who believe that everyone needs to stop and go back to the Stone age to save the world.

I'm sure there are some who promote that "solution". But very few, and the absurdity of their position marginalizes them quite effectively. Most who see a need for change also believe that all nations should raise their respective standards of living to whatever level is appropriate for them.

But nobody who wants to be taken seriously is promoting that developed nations lower their standards of living. That would be a non-starter. That's not to say that developed nations shouldn't change. Just that there is no need to make changes that lower their standard of living.

One big problem is the widespread disinformation that portrays anyone who believes AGW is real must be an alarmist and want us to go back to the stone age. Just isn't true.

"Pushing the limits of easy."

Last edited by randomscooter; 04-29-2014 at 07:58 PM..