Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #21
Fly Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckladd View Post
I don't know about the rest of the hunters on here, but the guys I know (myself included) who set trail cams are obsessed with what's on them. Unless someone died, I can't see them being left behind.
I almost lost one last year, because I forgot that I had moved it a hundred feet or so from where I had originally placed it a few months prior to the last time I checked it(and GPS'd the location). Fortunately, I had it on a relatively narrow ridge line and eventually found it after searching in circles for about 30 minutes. A gray-brown camera attached to a gray-brown tree among a hundred gray-brown trees can be easily overlooked.
Fly Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #22
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVirgil View Post
Amen to that. I've only seen two (I guess I'm not that observant) and I just did a little dance for their amusement.
I've seen one in the same spot the past few years not far from a state land parking area where we hunt. I've never seen another hunter in there to ask them about the camera. This year about five of us walked past it on our way out one afternoon and our High School age hunter had a field day goofing off in front of it.

Another funny story involves my cousin, who looks like one of the guys from Duck Dynasty. There's a few lots of private land that a bunch of different folks hunt around there and one day he came upon a camera, went up to it and just gave it this wide-eyed look, up close. Later that season the owner of the camp we hunt out of ran into the guy who owned the trail camera who told him he was scared to hunt there because there was this "scruffy bastard" running around. My buddy told him it was one of our guys who wouldn't harm anything, other than a deer. "Scruffy" is what we call my cousin now.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #23
Adirondackhunter

I sure hope there is no legal issue with trail cams, I put mine on easement land on August 1, and they are there till season ends, at that time I move them to catch migration pics until mid January. Hey tughill, was nice to see you at the legion 2 weeks ago
Adirondackhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #24
Tug Hill

Hey, Adirondackhunter I sent you a PM.
Tug Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #25
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondackhunter View Post
Hey tughill, was nice to see you at the legion 2 weeks ago
Were you guys at Joe D's bash? I didn't make it this year, but was there last year.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #26
Adirondackhunter

Yea, it was good time. I think the weather was reason some of the usual didn't make it.
Adirondackhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #27
Tug Hill

Buckladd, I was looking for you, wanted to meet you. It’s a great time talking deer hunting, and meeting like minded hunters.
Tug Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #28
Buckladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug Hill View Post
Buckladd, I was looking for you, wanted to meet you. Itís a great time talking deer hunting, and meeting like minded hunters.
No doubt. A bunch of us from the Glens Falls area were planning to come over but the weather busted it for sure.