Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
Edb 46 er

Miller's Meat Mkt.

Anyone, using these people for their venison processing?

Last edited by Edb 46 er; 12-08-2017 at 07:07 PM..
Edb 46 er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
Wldrns

Miller's is an icon in the area. Long known for the mom & pop style local grocery market, I know that many folks drop their deer there for processing. Driving by in years past, you could often see many hanging out back and in the barn.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
Edb 46 er

When I stopped by to drop a deer off they had a total of 1,800 deer come through at that point. About mid-November, the place is hopping! They make wonderful venison jerky and Watson burgers.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
ADKpikebuster

I’ve taken my grinding meat to millers they do a good job, Nolts’s on 812 near Lowville does a good job also if not better

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #5
Tug Hill

Both , Miller’s, and Nolts, do great jobs. The only thing to remember, if you have any kind of sausage made, it is most likely that it will not be made from your venison. They make large batches of sausage at a time, so venison from many deer are used.
Tug Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #6
Buckladd

Are you talking about the Millers in Lowville? If so, I'm on the other side of the Adirondacks, but I've been there and love their rub/marinate. 'Just used it on some venison cubes steaks I grilled for my wife and I Wednesday night. My biggest problem is my brother moved from Watertown to Arizona in September.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #7
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckladd View Post
Are you talking about the Millers in Lowville? If so, I'm on the other side of the Adirondacks, but I've been there and love their rub/marinate. 'Just used it on some venison cubes steaks I grilled for my wife and I Wednesday night. My biggest problem is my brother moved from Watertown to Arizona in September.
Yes, that is the place. They have a great ''Jerk Rub", I have only used it on pork though. I think they do mail order, their web page is up and running.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #8
Wldrns

Actually about 4 miles east of Lowville on the Number Four Road in the town of Watson, immediately adjacent to an old defunct dam and lock (fun to paddle through) on the Black River.
http://millersmeatmarketny.com
Old 12-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #9
bridgeman

Used them for the first time this year. Dropped of 4 quarters on monday and got a call on Friday that everything was ready for pickup. 25 pounds of burger, 26 pounds of breakfast sausage, hot dogs and slim jims. All delicious.
bridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:23 PM   #10
jkauff73

We use Nolt's for deer processing. Haven't had a bad experience.
Miller's is our go-to place for meat to cook over the fire when we are up there at our camp. Can't go wrong with their jerk steak and jerk burgers.
jkauff73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #11
St.Regis

Miller's is great. I like Eddie's too, but don't know if they process deer.
St.Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #12
Wldrns

Living not far away, I grew up eating Croghan Balogna (Baloney). Great stuff, but since I discovered Eddies, I tend to like theirs better (I understand that Eddie broke away from the Croghan shop and started his own similar recipe).
Old 12-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #13
St.Regis

Wldrns, CB is very good, but I like Eddie's a little better too. CB is distributed in more places outside the Lowville region, so it's definitely easier to find. Not even sure Eddie's sells their baloney beyond their doors.
St.Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #14
Wldrns

[QUOTE=St.Regis;264629Not even sure Eddie's sells their baloney beyond their doors.[/QUOTE]They do not. I am told it is something about the level of licensing and inspection that they don't have.