Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #1
Sinite

Drive up Campsites near Little Tupper?

Anyone know of any drive up sites near Little Tupper? I get done with work at Noon on Sunday and would like to drive up camp Sunday night so I can get to Rock Pond at a decent time on Monday and hopefully not have to battle the wind and waves that always come up on LT in the afternoon. I am comiong from Burlington VT so.... Thanks!
Sinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:41 PM   #2
Crash

There are a half dozen or so along the road on the south shore of Horseshoe Lake (NY Route 421). If I remember correctly, there is also one off the spur road to Lows Lower Dam. There may be a few more along the road beyond the railroad tracks.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #3
Sinite

Right, I forget that Horseshoe is so close to LT. Think I will be able to get one on a Sunday night in the Summer? I usually avoid Lows area in the summer as it is so crowded.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
rickhart

I've never stayed there, but the Lake Eaton state campground is just on the Little Tupper side of Long Lake.
rickhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 11:18 PM   #5
Ydnabronn

Just got back from that area, we camped at Lake Durant. I would drive by horseshoe and see if a spot was available if not check out Durant, the board at the checkin booth will show if there are available sites. There were sites available when we left. Found this campground very nice for a car camping experience although you can hear rt 28 which was a bit of a disappointment. Drove through Lake Eaton to scout out sites and found it to be a bit of a zoo / crowded.
Ydnabronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:11 AM   #6
Prometheus
Adrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhart View Post
I've never stayed there, but the Lake Eaton state campground is just on the Little Tupper side of Long Lake.
I've stayed there a couple times the night before a trip. Good enough for a night and for that last shower before hitting the woods.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
Sinite

Thanks for the suggestions!