Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > Forum News and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2006, 12:43 PM   #41
marshmallow

Sorry I don't

The only thing I have is the recipe for Apple Brownies and even if you follow the recipe they never taste the same as Kim's. I don't think anyone can make food taste as good as Kim did.
marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #42
scooch

no doubt.....thanks Beth.....

Taryn and Rachel will be starting their cook book project soon and will be contacting everyone looking for their favorite b2b recipes....(via email, phone, or snail mail)...anyone out there with favorites (recipes or just fond memories), is welcome to contribute.
The girls will be in touch soon with more info and where to send info....

They are very excited. Rachel just had her 8th Birthday... Very excited to get her helium tank and balloons from Dad and the rings around her mouth prove it....lol
her goal was to blow up a hundred of them......I guess the tank wasn't fast enough!!!!

Last edited by scooch; 06-06-2006 at 01:41 PM..
scooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #43
marshmallow

My 2 favorites

have to be her english muffin stuffing and her banana cake and I don't even like cake. I really could go for some of that stuffing right now. Everything she cooked/baked was full of love and none of it for someone on a diet.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #44
scooch

I think that banana cake is the best stuff I have ever tasted.....and you are so right about none of it being for someone on a diet....
I remember she was making lasagna one afternoon (home made pasta), she forgot an ingredient (nothing I would have ever noticed....she must've had 3lbs of flour, and everything under the sun on her table......and just wiped it all out!!! Swept it all into the trash and said..................... "it's all good"....."wanna beer"? LOL
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #45
marshmallow

Hi!

Please email me your address. I have something I want to send you.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #46
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

Just for a Point of Information. In time, Kim's recipes will be available on the backto basics website as will other things about her life.

Much of that is being gathered and will eventually get to me and i will make some additions to her web pages. I am also in the process of moving her website to another the server I use for my sites, where it will be easier for me to maintain it.

The URL will remain the same. It might be offline for a day or so after the change is made for it to trickle down through the DNS Servers on the networks.

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:33 PM   #47
RayJan

Recipes

Jan & I have all of Kims recipes she gave them to us along with all her pictures - guests and freinds adreeses emails etc. - we are putting them all together and Redhawk has helped by offering to post on her web site - if anyone would like to have them before that time just let us know and we will gladly sent to you - several folks have already done this and we have sent to them as well as Jan (Mom) has made them and given out to folks ready to eat

Mom & Dad
RayJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #48
scooch

If it's possible for Taryn and Rachel to have access to who already has them, that would be great , as they are looking forward to adding them to their cook book with special illustrations, (made by them) and special notes....maybe the next time you speak with the girls you can ask them about their project....and they can explain.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #49
marshmallow

The first copy

I would love to place an order for the first copy of the girls cookbook. I know that Kim would be so proud of all the hard work they are doing.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #50
scooch

awwe......I will tell them... suppose to have them this weekend.....it is such an awesome opportunity for them to reach out, network and stay connected to "everyone", and at the same time memorialize their Mom...Rachel is so hillarious....we were talking about family and recipes and how they get passed down from generation to generation....she got hung up on the..... and my mother and her mother and her mothers mother and on and on and on........We were all just ind of looking at each other...saying oh no.....this could take a very long time......
Old 06-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #51
scooch

It would be really nice if at some point over the summer or before the start of next school year we can all get together...Maybe Mom and Dad can make it and Uncle Chris and Aunt Michelle too.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:13 AM   #52
redhawk

Now that I have gotten Kim's Backtobasics website moved to the hosting service I am used to,(which is also less expensive and faster), I will be able to start work on pages that will display her recipes and poetry that Her dad is sending me.

I would also like to include the thoughts and memories that many of those who knew Kim would like to be public.

It will take me a bit of time to get this on line because I want it to be done properly and at the same time keep her original site as Kim herself did it.

So, if you have anything you would like to say about Kim, please send it to me as an attachment either as a word doc or a text file.
The address for that is: gobacktothebasics@gmail.com. I may even try to integrate a BBS or Forum into the website for just such a purpose.

backtobasics website is still available through it's original url http://gobacktothebasics.com/

For those who have never visited the website, epecially people new to the Adirondack Outdoor Community, there is a lot of useful information.

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
Old 06-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #53
marshmallow

Kim's recipes

Redhawk could you please pass on any recipes you get to her girls? They are making a cookbook in her honor. I know Kim didn't follow the recipes exactly and the girls helped her alot. My sisters have made the apple brownies following her recipe and can never get them to taste the same.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #54
redhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow
Redhawk could you please pass on any recipes you get to her girls? They are making a cookbook in her honor. I know Kim didn't follow the recipes exactly and the girls helped her alot. My sisters have made the apple brownies following her recipe and can never get them to taste the same.
I will. In fact on the way home today I started thinking that if the girls are doing a cookbook, then publishing the recipes on the website might be counter productive. I have emailed Kim's parents for their thoughts about that. Another possibility might be to publish a .pdf version of the recipes and sell them through the website with the proceeds going to the girls.

Could whoever is working with the girls email me please so maybe we can co-ordinate and I can give them a hand. At least so i don't counter anything that is being done to benefit the girls.

Plus I can keep people apprised via the website.

thanks,
hawk
Old 08-15-2006, 12:22 AM   #55
Wildernessphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk
Next time you're on the Southern Leg of the NPT. take a little side trip to Rock lake, only .1mi off the trail.

Kims spirit is there, Keven, Val and I left a little of her there today.
Just a note of interest...
Kim is resting peacefully on the north leg of the NPT as well. Duck Hole has a piece of her too. If you walk to the point at waters edge below the upper lean-to, I left a little of her there last week. I'm sure she would be pleased. I can't think of a better resting place.
-Gary-

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!
Wildernessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #56
whitefoot

Wish i would have known that Gary , i was there the day after you were last week, i would have gone to visit her,

we really miss going to her place.

Bryan
whitefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #57
RayJan

Thank You

Gary - Thank You for the info on NPT spot for Kim - We think of her often in the areas she loved so much - We remeber often as we would take her somewhere - she would sit in the seat behind me in the car and I would watch her in the mirror as she looked into the mountains and woods and I could see her longing to be there - Thanks again to all - Sure she is happy and we know we are --- Her daughters Taryn and Rachel are with us in Florida for two weeks - its great for us and them

Mom & Dad
RayJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #58
Wildernessphoto

Ray & Jan,
It was my great pleasure. I consider it an honor.

Here's a link to the spot for those who would like to stop by and visit Kim when they visit Duck Hole.
Kim's resting spot

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!
Wildernessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #59
Judgeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildernessphoto
Ray & Jan,
It was my great pleasure. I consider it an honor.

Here's a link to the spot for those who would like to stop by and visit Kim when they visit Duck Hole.
Kim's resting spot
You're O.K., Gary.
Judgeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #60
redhawk

Memories wanted.

If anyone having memories of Kim or Back to Basics that wants to take the time to put them down and send them to me, I will start adding to her website during the winter months. Word, Wordperfect or text files will be fine. if you don't know my email address, PM me and I'll give it to you.

Thanks,
redhawk