Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > General Forum Related Topics > Forum News and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #61
Cricket

Question Charms....

I would like to know if anyone could help me recall information from Kim's NPT Trip. She made me a beautiful Charm Display case which tells a story of her journey on Northville Placid Trail....She tried to complete her story and discription of each charm, but never got to tell me the last half. I have discriptions of her travels through Oct 7th on her trip, and will include where she was in my next post...If anyone can recall any stories from this trip that might help me please post them or if you like email me at ADKSpirit@Hotmail.com

Thank you Friends...

Kim's Little Brother Chris
Old 10-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #62
RayJan

Moosehead Lake

Hoping someone has a better memory than us - As many of you are aware Kim use to go to Maine / Moosehead Lake by Rockwood - we remember that -our family plans a journey there to bring Kim where she wanted to be - and we are trying to find out where she stayed etc so we may stay at the same place and experience what she did and also leave her exactly where she wanted to be - can you possibly help us - many thanks

Mom and Dad
RayJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #63
madison

I didn't know Kim well- I met her only once in February of 05 when some friends and i stayed in one of her yurts for a couple of days. But I found her to be warm, generous, kind, and genuine, and very much admired what she did. I always intended to go back and never got around to it- I was thinking about setting some time aside this winter for another yurt visit and went to her website and learned of her passing and was deeply saddened. My sincere condolences to her friends and family.
madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #64
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

April 14th Memorial

Saturday April 14th will be the first anniversary of Kim's passing.

I would like to put together a memorial hike or paddle in her memory.

Any suggestions? Maybe into Rock Lake and a short memorial service?

Hawk
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #65
Kevin
**BANNED**

We're going into Rock Lake early May to clear the trail. If it can wait a few weeks we could combine the two activities. Fortunately for us bald headed beavers make quick work of fallen trees, but I'm sure even they need to take a break to let the little beavers help. Sign up for the trail clearing will be announced soon.

Any news about the memorial, or is that not happening?
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #66
Rock

I knew Kim my whole life. I grew up across the street from her and was a close friend of the family. She was a great person who had a lot of passion for life. Her parents are some of the nicest people that I have ever known. I still can't believe she is gone. Her family will alway be in my prayers. I have lost a couple of friends at a young age, and every time it happens it makes me realize how short life can be and that I need to live every day like it's the last. I think its great that you are thinking about having a memorial for her.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #67
Wildernessphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
We're going into Rock Lake early May to clear the trail. If it can wait a few weeks we could combine the two activities. Fortunately for us bald headed beavers make quick work of fallen trees, but I'm sure even they need to take a break to let the little beavers help. Sign up for the trail clearing will be announced soon.

Any news about the memorial, or is that not happening?
Bald headed beavers work in April too! I'm looking at that date...I'll let you know!

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!
Wildernessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #68
redhawk

The memorial will be us, and our words, and our memories of her.
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
Old 03-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #69
Adirondack_hunter
Southern Adirondack Hunter

I'd love to go. I think great people like her need to be remembered and from what I have read, everything about her was great. Very sad to read that she is not with us anymore yet her spirt should be carried on. We need more people like her on this earth.
As I said, I would love to go yet at this time I'm not sure of my schedule. The closer I get to May the more impossible it becomes to plan. I'll check with my schedule maker, my wife, and see how much time I have.
Rockclimbing.com NY Route Editor
Adirondack_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #70
RC
Woods Runner

Please let me know when.

RC
Old 03-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #71
redhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC View Post
Please let me know when.

RC
I'm looking at April 14th, the anniversary of her passing with the 15th being a rain date.

Unless someone comes up with something else, it'll be into Rock Lake where Val, Kevin and I released her, from the Upper Benson TH for the NPT.

Time to be determined.

In May we are going to be doing a paddle down the Sacandaga from Wells to Northville, an annual thing which I think we'll also name in Kim' memory.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #72
Kevin
**BANNED**

If you clear the trail on the way we won't need to in May.

I probably can't make the April hike due to prior engagements/plans, but the paddle on the Sacandaga is a definite.

Kim was remembered yesterday in a phone call by someone who never met her, who lives near Boston, who out-of-the-blue mentioned her passing and the grief that I guess was obvious to him when I was telling him about it last year.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #73
whitefoot

Beth and I wont be able to make the April date either due to other plans, but we will watch for the paddle in may, we may be able to do that.

also , Gary keep me posted as to when you may go to clear the trail , maybe we can carpool, id like to help.

Bryan
whitefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #74
Wildernessphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefoot View Post
Beth and I wont be able to make the April date either due to other plans, but we will watch for the paddle in may, we may be able to do that.

also , Gary keep me posted as to when you may go to clear the trail , maybe we can carpool, id like to help.

Bryan
I'll keep you in mind Bryan,
Thanks for the offer to help!

Old 03-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #75
redhawk

OK so who's definitely in for the 14th? So far I've got RC I think? Gary, maybe? Hey how about the Boreal Chickadee? What are you up to Judy?

Bryan, i think Kevin has the date chosen for the Sacandaga paddle, maybe he can mention it. I forgot when it is. Has to be early or mid May because I'm leaving for South Dakota in May.

KWC? What you doing? That's right around the corner from you.

Bruce, you want to come in from the Nutmeg State along with that Conservative Right Wing prosecutor friend of ours, I have room as usual. For that matter I have room for anyone else that might come from distance.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #76
dog

[QUOTE=redhawk;64096]OK so who's definitely ...

I can and will , if nothing would change with dates .
Just tell me , guys , what to bring ( tool ) and coordinates .

Of course , I'm going to bring my dog , if there are not any probs with the matter .
dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:13 PM   #77
kwc
loser

the 14th ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
OK so who's definitely in for the 14th? So far I've got RC I think? Gary, maybe? Hey how about the Boreal Chickadee? What are you up to Judy?

Bryan, i think Kevin has the date chosen for the Sacandaga paddle, maybe he can mention it. I forgot when it is. Has to be early or mid May because I'm leaving for South Dakota in May.

KWC? What you doing? That's right around the corner from you.

Bruce, you want to come in from the Nutmeg State along with that Conservative Right Wing prosecutor friend of ours, I have room as usual. For that matter I have room for anyone else that might come from distance.
I'll be there on the 14th. Just let me know what time.

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.
kwc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #78
redhawk

Ok the 14th it is. meet at the Upper Benson Trailhead at 10am.

Serge, you and Dixie want to come up Fri night and stay over at my place?

RC, you in? Gary?

Anyone else want a nice stroll?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #79
Wildernessphoto

I'm in!
10:00 on the 14th...
I'll be there!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #80
Cricket

Thank you all very much for doing this....