Moose river plains, sleepless night, "creature"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose river plains, sleepless night, "creature"

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had an issue while camping in moose river plains..... I went camping in a remote site, basically had an "animal" that was hanging out just behind the thick brush surrounding the camp. It hung around and made loud thump noises ( 3 loud thump noises at a time( thump thump thump)). It stayed within 20-25 feet of the camp from about 10 PM till about 5 am. Three times throughout the night it sprinted infront of the tent (we were inside laying down), we had a rock the size of a softball tossed against the tent, had a log about a foot long and four inches around (piece of our firewood) tossed at the tent, it came wishing feet of us about 10:30 PM while we were sitting at the fire, I got up to grab a bag of peanuts from the chuckbox and it ran back in the thick brush..... It wasn't a small "animal" because of how loud re thumps were. It couldn't have been any scavenger because nothing was disturbed at camp(even the trash bag full of two days of camping trash wasn't touched). When it ran away from us when I stood up it only took a few steps back and stopped. I feel like it watched us and teased us allllllllllllllll night long. I've camped literally hundreds of times and have had many experiences with various animals. I'm headed back up this weekend with some inferred deer cams and recorders to see if it'll come back. Has anyone else had a similar experience in moose river plains? Or does anyone know of a large animal that could make loud noises ( like a 15 pound rock being pounded on the ground) and would hang out for 6 -8 hours without leaving? I'm stumped and confused. Any insight would be nice.

Thank you

All that and it left no tracks?

Sounds like a deer stomping and running around.
    'I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.' - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

How much did you drink?
      “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
      ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Bigfoot has been known to throw rocks and make thumping sounds. Look for tracks or hair on brush.

Of course Humans can do the same kind of things for a joke.

Comment

Please let us know how the trail cams turn out. I sent you an email, too, fyi.

Comment

Haha, I only had a couple beers, I found one noticeable track on a large rock that was covered in moss. Looked like a large footprint that jumped from the rock. I didn't find any hair. My only thought was it is a deer but every time I have heard a deer stomp it was followed by a grunt or snort, and I've never seen a deer stick around for that long....

Comment

Will do jackson!

Comment

Originally posted by KIMPDOG View Post
                Haha, I only had a couple beers, I found one noticeable track on a large rock that was covered in moss. Looked like a large footprint that jumped from the rock. I didn't find any hair. My only thought was it is a deer but every time I have heard a deer stomp it was followed by a grunt or snort, and I've never seen a deer stick around for that long....
                Only Primates throw things. Either you've had the experience of a lifetime or you are pulling our legs. If you are serious you should report it to BFRO.

Comment

Im definitely not pulling your leg cityboy

Comment

The first question is who put the "bigfoot" tag on this thread, we can work backward from there...

Comment

Vinegar,

I did, work backwards all you want, I'm curious if anyone else has had any weird things happen!

Comment

Probably just some kids messing around. A simple souloution would have been to walk over with a flashlight and a shotgun.

Comment

You must have slept really sound. That was quite a dream.

Comment

Kimpdog, in the history and folklore sub-section there is a thread on Page 3 called Adk monsters. A member Lute Hawkins mentions the Moose River Plains and some strange experiences there. Not sure if this helps.

Comment

Sounds primate-ish, if it is tossing objects at your tent, unless deer or beavers have recently developed this skill. Any thoughts about someone perhaps having set their pet chimpanzee free in the woods? Just a thought.....

Comment

Working...
                              X