Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #21
cuterocky
Kalie

Here's a few short clips of driving down the road as I was leaving the trailhead. All the clips are of the section between the Spruce Lake trailhead and Sled Harbor. (They were snapchats so sorry the quality isn't that good)

https://youtu.be/aCQt0HfOq5c
CL50 #506
ADK 10/46

I Should Go Hiking...
cuterocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #22
Bounder45

Last time I drove it (last summer) the road was rocky and pitted, but still doable for most cars with careful driving. I can't imagine it's changed all that much.

Just be aware that is a road which doesn't see much traffic, or maintenance. I have encountered blow down blocking that road in the past; you should having something (at least a small axe or saw) when going down some of those forestry roads.
Bounder45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #23
fvrwld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
I always bike or hike in, whenever in doubt.... heck, I used to do auto detailing and I don't even like getting a little dirt on my tires, let alone getting the paint dirty.........the horrors.
I admittedly abuse my vehicles. They're happy to get away from me when I finally trade them in.

I remember years ago (2009?) I had a very new Forester and took it into the Pillsbury Lake TH. I got all the way in there just fine. While parking I drove into a just-too-high rock and took out my fog light and part of my bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuterocky View Post
Here's a few short clips of driving down the road as I was leaving the trailhead. All the clips are of the section between the Spruce Lake trailhead and Sled Harbor. (They were snapchats so sorry the quality isn't that good)

https://youtu.be/aCQt0HfOq5c
That's perfect. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #24
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest dweller View Post
I went as far as Sled Harbor in a Corolla a few years ago...now I have an even lower to the ground Civic
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #25
forest dweller

Glad to humor you Justin.
forest dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #26
Justin
Moving along

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest dweller View Post
Glad to humor you Justin.

I got a kick out of your entry in the Colvin Brook lean-to log book.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote