Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Northville Placid Trail
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #41
RC
Woods Runner

I did the trail from placid to blue mountain last fall in a day and a 1/2 with trail running shoes on. I'm been hiking/running on different parts of the NTP for years now and I've always used trail runner, but there are a few rocky sections where a studier hiking boot might be a better choice, but not it's never been enough of a problem to get me to spend the money on them yet.

RC
RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #42
eArThworm

Very interested in trail conditions for possible Sept. thru-hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
We (meaning concerned NPT hikers and sectional NPT hikers) are currently in a fact finding mission ... Once we have more information it will become available. Supposedly there's also going to be a website dedicated to just posting information concerning the NPT. It's in the works and will definitely be out by time you leave for your trip this summer. Between now and then we're trying to get people to report what they find on the trail to sites like this ...
Since illness kept me from doing much of the Trail last year, I'm thinking about trying a thru-hike again, possibly this September. So I'm very interested in finding reports of trail conditions before then. And of course I'm hoping the Trail will be in better condition at that time. :-)
eArThworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #43
Kevin
**BANNED**

Quote:
Originally Posted by eArThworm
And of course I'm hoping the Trail will be in better condition at that time. :-)
Depending on how quickly things get organized and people start chipping away at the blowdown (pun intended ) it could be clear sailing for much of it.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote