Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Northville Placid Trail
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #21
lumberzac
Beware of the Lumberzac

That's too bad Tim. You have to love the weather in the Adirondacks. Best of luck to you on the next attempt.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lumberzac
lumberzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:34 PM   #22
RC
Woods Runner

Sorry to hear the weather got you. Lets hope you have better weather next trip. Sounds like you had a good run going.

RC
RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 PM   #23
BarbOrdell
Running Barefoot

Raisins Anyone? lol!! Love it. Now you should be well rested for Wakely.
BarbOrdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #24
Moose
Administrator

Barb, I was thinking the same thing, all the runners in the Wakely just set their sites on 2nd place. Tim, after your Placid to Long Lake work-out are you ready for a new course record?
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #25
mrbubbles
Double Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernadhiker
I was just at Geylock in the fall, did you run up the road or trail. Either way, that's a tough run.
I ran up the steep trail (three miles) then down some less steep trails. It was a race put on by the Western Mass athletic club.
mrbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #26
Tim Seaver
Photo-runner

Just an update - my wife is going to be spending some time away with her family over the next week, so we won't be making another attempt until at the 1st week of August - hopefully the deerflies and humidity will have subsided a bit by then!

In the meantime, I am going to being doing some overnights and photography along parts of the trail. This weekend I will be in the Duck Hole and Shattuck Clearing areas. Hope to see ya'll on the trail!
Tim Seaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:05 PM   #27
Head
Guiness Anyone?

Good luck with your attempt Tim. Looking forward to the recon pics as well. Nice avatar by the way
HEAD
Old 07-22-2005, 07:02 PM   #28
shaggy
Shaggy

Hey Tim...

yah know Tim, I may have seen you . I was on that section of trail at that given day during my thru-hike of it this summer. The storm was terrible, and I think that you ran by us (myself, a guy with long blonde hair in a ponytail - and my hiking partner matty and a large 90 pound black dog). It was between the Shattaque clearing and long lake, we were heading north and you south. Did you carry only a camelback? Does this ring a bell with you or am I confusing you with another trail runner that fits all of this criteria? Anyways, wish you good luck with your adventure and hope that your feet heal up!

Shaggy
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:21 PM   #29
Tim Seaver
Photo-runner

Shaggy, I saw you and your partner ( shirtless and soaked as I was), and one large dog with packs ( a great dane?) just around Plumley's Point - hope you found a good dry shelter that night! Did you get rained on the next day as well?

Thanks for the luck - after the weather we got on attempt #1, we may need it.

(The feet are fine - the "dishpan foot" effect goes away with only 15 minutes of drying time - once exposed to air the skin returns to normal pretty quickly.)
Old 07-27-2005, 12:57 AM   #30
Tim Seaver
Photo-runner

Weekend on the NPT

I had a great time exploring some of the NPT at a nice relaxed pace this weekend. I started at Lake Placid at 1 pm on Sat. and finished at Long Lake at 2 pm Monday, with the mandatory 55 mile Tour Du Ice Cream Parlors bike ride back to Lake Placid that evening.

A few pix from the outing
Old 08-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #31
Tim Seaver
Photo-runner

Round 2

We are slated for another try, starting Saturday morning at the Chubb River TH at 10 am. The weather for Saturday looks fantastic - NW winds 5-10 mph, lower to mid 70's, with Sunday looking a bit warmer but no mention of precip.

I've posted an estimated timeline of where we will be throughout the course of the event here . Anyone is welcome to stop by and visit our team ( Liz and Jamie ) at one of the support points listed - we should be running pretty tight to the schedule.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #32
RC
Woods Runner

Good luck. It looks like your going to have great weather. I'll be in the silver lake area sunday, but I think I'll just miss you. I wish I could wait or you, but my wife has plans in the afternoon.

RC
Old 08-05-2005, 11:43 AM   #33
Tim Seaver
Photo-runner

Thanks RC - glad to see you'll be out there enjoying the fine weather on the NPT - good luck with your speed-packin' traverse!

We adjusted our schedule, knocking everything back an hour.
The timeline has been updated.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #34
Rik
H-E-R-O

Go Tim! Good Luck!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #35
Tim Seaver
Photo-runner

Whew!

Success! While we didn't make our 28-32 hour window due to a major loss of steam in the final 16 mile stretch, I still managed to complete the trail in 37 hours 31 minutes (Chubb River Bridge to Upper Benson parking lot).

More of the story to follow in the days to come, featuring bee stings, speeding ambulances, and $87 cab rides. It was quite the weekend!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #36
RC
Woods Runner

Congrats. Even if you didn't make your window it's still one hell of a trip. I can't wait to read the rest of the story. We go in at military road thursday at 8am and hope to be out of benson sunday nite. I'n looking at about a 30lb pack with food and water. We hiked to silver lake and out ( 14.8m) last sunday in 4 hrs with full packs.

RC
Old 08-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #37
ken999

...wow...congratulations...that's quite the accomplishment. I'm looking foward to the complete story.
ken999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:37 PM   #38
Rik
H-E-R-O

Way to go Tim!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #39
Kevin
**BANNED**

That avatar is classic!
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #40
Head
Guiness Anyone?

Great job, Tim! Cant wait to hear the report. Sounds like it will be most interesting
HEAD