Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #1
Cpswing555

cmp sites near ticonderoga

Looking for nice RV sites near ft. Ticonderoga or at least within 30-40 minutes. any ideas, or hidden gems. also if any advice on things to do or see I would appreciate it. will be going in late july.
thanks
CP
Cpswing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
Bob K

Several NY state campgrounds to consider within range. Rodgers Rock on Lk George, Putnam. Pond (less people + many hiking trails) and Paradox lake a bit further west. Go through Reserva America for securing a spot.
Bob K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #3
electbc
Outdoorsman

There is also Crown Point on lake Champlain.
http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24461.html
electbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
peskypup

Reposting, my response to your original question:

The closest campground to Fort Ti is Rogers Rock State Campground, but it does not have hookups. It does have a number of very nice sites, lots of lakeshore to explore, and canoe/kayak rentals. This is where my family's 2-week vacation was spent every summer growing up (in a tent!) so I'm biased.

The following are more accommodating to RVs and offer hookups:

A little farther from Fort Ti, but more accessible to the rest of the Adirondacks in is Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in North Hudson. Have only ever driven past, have never been in, so I can't speak to amenities. It's a little close to the Northway for my liking, but that might not be a concern for you.

A little further south, in Warrensburg, is Lake George Schroon Valley RV Resort. It's on the Schroon River, about midway between the north and south ends of Lake George, so easy access to anything Lake George you'd want to do. Never been here either, just driven by.

There's another one in Warrensburg, but I can't remember the name of it. It's closer to town though, and right off the Northway.

There are a few down at the South end of Lake George, though you're getting an hour or more from Fort Ti at that point. The best advertised is Lake George RV Park. The only thing I really know about it is that they have an on-site dog park with amenities nicer than most hotels I've stayed at!
peskypup is offline   Reply With Quote