Looking for a nice place to stay for 3 nights with wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a nice place to stay for 3 nights with wife

Any suggestions? Would be coming up 28n and 30 through blue mountain lake and long lake. Been to shaheens. Wanted something different. Was thinking about long lake . Any ideas ? Thanks.

Check out the shamrock in long lake

Comment

Originally posted by Cpswing555 View Post
      Any suggestions? Would be coming up 28n and 30 through blue mountain lake and long lake. Been to shaheens. Wanted something different. Was thinking about long lake . Any ideas ? Thanks.
      Prospect Point, Blue Mountain Lake. Great cabins, free gourmet breakfast, near Adirondack Museum, they have a website. http://www.prospectpt.com/ Clean, free firewood, real fireplaces, lots of history. See Alene.
      Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check on both of them today

Comment

Originally posted by Billy9565 View Post
          Check out the shamrock in long lake
          I stayed at the shamrock once during the 90-miler race. it was nice enough so I tried to rent again in advance the following year. The owner told me that since the ADK Museum was having a 3 day event at the same time, he would not rent to me for only a single night when he could rent the same room for a guaranteed 3 nights. So I left and vowed to never again stop there. I always go to Shaheens now.
          "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

Prospect point was exactly what I was looking for. But it was full. Checked shamrock but not answer. Now I'm stuck with placid bay Inn. any reviews? Any other recommendations

Comment

If your willing to go to Lake Clear. We highly recommend Sunday Pond B & B. Inquire about dinners and they will make you a wonderful dinner for your wife and yourself(bring your own wine & beer). It's NOT the Mirror Lake Inn. A little "rustic", but the service can't be beat. We took a chance over 15 years ago and it has been our "go to" place ever since. You are really in a world or your own while you are there.

Comment

Will check it out. Thanks

Comment

We stayed at Placid Bay Inn. Very clean. Super nice staff. Highly recommend. Ate at Dack shack. Excellent. And the sour dough place was great too. Lake placid brewery was great. Awesome staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpswing555 View Post
                    We stayed at Placid Bay Inn. Very clean. Super nice staff. Highly recommend. Ate at Dack shack. Excellent. And the sour dough place was great too. Lake placid brewery was great. Awesome staff.
                    Glad you had a good experience.
                    Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Second the Sunday Pond B&B...enjoy

Comment

Lodging

In Lake Clear also check out the Lodge at Lake Clear. Not cheap but very nice. If you want basic lodging Charlie's Inn has rooms and the bar/restaurant is in the same building.

Comment

Working...
                        X