Cheap, clean lodging in/near saranac lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap, clean lodging in/near saranac lake

Will be heading up mid-week sometime in September to do some of the hills around Saranac.
    Suggestions for good, clean, inexpensive lodging? Or just stay and Tmax's and make the drive?

Originally posted by DasAltBock View Post
    Will be heading up mid-week sometime in September to do some of the hills around Saranac.
    Suggestions for good, clean, inexpensive lodging? Or just stay and Tmax's and make the drive?
    What do you consider inexpensive? what amenities are you looking for? Just yourself?

Comment

Well, no real amenities, just a shower and a decent bed. I'm fine with hostels, like tmax&topos or the keene valley hostel. Inexpensive being $30 or so for a hostel, and $60 to $70 for a motel. Just me, or me and the older son.

Comment

Van Hoevenberg Cabins

You couldn't ask for a better host than Wayne!
        Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Enjoyed Sherwood Forest in Ray Brook despite the name. Many cabins with a shortcut to Haystack and McKenzie, is practically across the road from campground with trail head to Scarface and is just about 5 miles from Saranac Lake and Lake Placid.
          Might have been a little more than prices you mention, but it's after Labor Day now and we upgraded to something with a kitchen so I didn't pay attention to the price.

Comment

Working...
          X