Dayhiking at Worlds End State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayhiking at Worlds End State Park

We returned to Worlds End for some dayhiking.  Our first hike was on the unofficial Sawtooth Trail, which I described previously.  This second hike was as enjoyable as the first as the trail explor…

We did two dayhikes at this beautiful park. One was a loop along the Sawtooth and Link Trails. The other was up the Butternut Trail and new yellow blazed trail to the Loyalsock Trail at High Rock Run to create a beautiful new loop.

Worlds End is well known for its beautiful scenery and many miles of scenic hiking trails. The park features waterfalls, vistas, big rocks, and the twisting gorge of the Loyalsock Creek. A few weeks ago, we did two great loops at this beautiful park.* One was the Sawtooth-Link Trail loop. I've been on the unofficial Sawtooth Trail before and it is a gem as it follows the top of triangular ledges of whitish bedrock. The other was a new yellow trail connecting the Butternut Trail to the*Loyalsock Trail at High Rock Run, so you can now hike a great loop.* There were a couple of*waterfalls and lots of wildflowers.

Nice photos. I remember when we did the Loyalsock-Link Loop that the Link Trail passed through some nice evergreen forests atop the plateau. It made for some serene and peaceful hiking.

Comment

Working...
    X