New hypothesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Limekiln View Post
    How could anyone call a weather pattern unprecedented? We've only been recording detailed weather information for about 100 years.
    With samples taken of ice cores and rock strata they can get weather data going back hundreds of thousands of years.

So, I guess that's what they are basing it on.

I mean if not, how could we know there was an ice age for instance?
    "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Ice cores, geology like erosion and tree rings can give you an idea but it certainly won't give the kind of detail being collected now.

But even besides that I saw the wizard of oz and tornados have occurred in the past. Additionally my friend Noah has been talking flood stories a few thousand years.

On a serious note as hyped up the media, and by extension "people", have been about global warming and unprecedanted weather.....Not one major hurricane hit the continental US last hurricane season....So if one does hit this year the brocken clock theory clearly points to unprecedented weather patterns and by extension global "whatever".

The cnn effect is terrible.
      A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they never shall sit in

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin QAAD View Post
        Ice cores, geology like erosion and tree rings can give you an idea but it certainly won't give the kind of detail being collected now.

But even besides that I saw the wizard of oz and tornados have occurred in the past. Additionally my friend Noah has been talking flood stories a few thousand years.

On a serious note as hyped up the media, and by extension "people", have been about global warming and unprecedanted weather.....Not one major hurricane hit the continental US last hurricane season....So if one does hit this year the brocken clock theory clearly points to unprecedented weather patterns and by extension global "whatever".

The cnn effect is terrible.
        Sort of like Fox Propaganda.
        "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Guys,

Interesting thing about the tornado In Joplin, Mo. It destroyed the old growth
          forest in which the town was built. In the middle of tornado alley, the town
          was in the midst of 200 year old oaks.

Something has changed, or maybe it's just the odds after 200 years?

Skid

Comment

Working...
          X