Little Rickie is asking for Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Rickie is asking for Help!!!

This is a Little Rickie request for help for Americans held in Libya. Please help make this viral.

This is real and not a hoax. It is my real niece.

My niece is a freelance reporter that has worked in the Middle East for many years. While in Libya she and three other people were stopped, taken at gun point and their car was blown up. The parents, they live in Connected, and family have heard nothing about her or the others for over a week.

The link below is a Local News report of my wife being interviewed and if you click on Clair's picture you will see the new broadcast as well.

Check YNN news Rochester for another interview with Kathy.

Why isn't this on the national news? Why is no one doing anything about it. Does the US want this out of the public eye. I don't care! My niece and the other 15 reporters need to be free and allowed to go home.

I am attempting to get the word out as broadly as possible via the internet as national media has barely covered the abduction. In addition to Clair there are 15 reporters in Libya unaccounted for. Why this isn't in the national news spotlight evades me. You decide for yourself.

My request is for people to take this viral so Clair and all the reporters get the attention necessary to get them out of Libya safely.

Mods. If you allow this to be posted feel free to lock it as I am sure there would be considerable drift.

Thanks

Little Rickie
    Last edited by Little Rickie; 04-28-2011, 07:19 AM.
    Let there be peace on earth and good will toward all.

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."

William Shakespeare

Still no information, it's like someone doesn't want this in the public eye. If you all could use any means you have available to you to spread the word it would help this go mainstream media and maybe they will get some help.

Thanks in advance. Rich.

William Shakespeare

Comment

Have her parents tried to get exposure on a national network? Seems just wrong that this is getting no attention.

Comment

Just saw something on WGN (Chicago). The news was about a vigil the family of one of the reporters is holding, but nothing really about the captive journalists. Contact rachel barnhart in Rochester, she loves to break stories. Though she typically does local stuff, she might jump on this, especially if she smells coverup.
        "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

Rickie...facebook would be perfect for spreading the word on this. I'm sure someone in your family knows how to start a page and get it going. You can even advertise it. ($)

I hope everything turns out well for your neice.
          “One of the penalties of an ecological education is that one lives alone in a world of wounds.” ~ Aldo Leopold

Comment

Originally posted by fvrwld View Post
            Rickie...facebook would be perfect for spreading the word on this. I'm sure someone in your family knows how to start a page and get it going. You can even advertise it. ($)

I hope everything turns out well for your neice.
            Kathy Marlin (Aunt Kathy) has this on her face book and there is another for the reporters. The parents, I suspect, are taking guidence from the State Dept. The State Dept which, I feel, is a bit too quiet about this. Clearly I feel this is wrong not to get more attention.

Russ thanks. Kathy will follow up on that. She's does real good on the vido clips, looks a lot better than me too and I think they like talking to a women on this type of thing.

Please keep in mind this isn't just about my neice. There are 15 missing reporters! The lack of attention on this is staggeering!
            Last edited by Little Rickie; 04-19-2011, 02:13 AM.

William Shakespeare

Comment

There is an active Facebook section generated and patronized by her friends at Chicago and Harvard and various members of her family. There has been increasing media coverage, including a large article in last Friday's USA TODAY. Google CLARE MORGANA GILLIS for Facebook connection
              Last edited by nutmeg creeker; 04-18-2011, 09:51 PM. Reason: added information
              "Days in the woods are days beyond time"--Paul Jamieson

Comment

Originally posted by Little Rickie View Post
                the State Dept which, I feel are a bit too quiet about this.
                It is possible that the State Department is afraid that any publicity that sheds a negative light on the captors might induce them to inflict harm upon the captives.

It may also be the case that publicity is exactly what the captors are looking for. If they are given that publicity, it could encourage them to continue making actions like this.

Hope that it all comes to a good resolution though.

Comment

Originally posted by nutmeg creeker View Post
                  There is an active Facebook section generated and patronized by her friends at Chicago and Harvard and various members of her family. There has been increasing media coverage, including a large article in last Friday's USA TODAY. Google CLARE MORGANA GILLIS for Facebook connection
                  I ment the State Dept is being too quiet. I went back and changed it.

William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by DSettahr View Post
                    It is possible that the State Department is afraid that any publicity that sheds a negative light on the captors might induce them to inflict harm upon the captives.

It may also be the case that publicity is exactly what the captors are looking for. If they are given that publicity, it could encourage them to continue making actions like this.

Hope that it all comes to a good resolution though.
                    Possible. There could be a number of motivations. I wonder, would they handle this the same if they were higher profile people? I hope not.

William Shakespeare

Comment

Little Rickie,
                      The ordinary media only tells people about events that they want people to know about. This is something they don't for reasons that are obvious to me. My prayers are with you for your niece & all the others. It is possible that they were kidnapped by the "rebels" who happen to be on the same side our government & others have chosen to support. Thinking about that scenario, it seems highly likely that it is the case. If it was the Libyan government forces, the media would be all over that story 24/7. I suggest contacting any Congressman who has strongly voiced their opposition to this fiasco. If you can get a Congressman to contact the media on your behalf, maybe they'll talk about it. Good luck.

Comment

This may be getting some more attention. Please keep spreading the word. Anything you can do no matter how small can make a big difference. Thanks

William Shakespeare

Comment

I just saw something on the Today Show. I wasn't paying attention so I missed the details. Was this a report/interview about your niece?
                          "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

Details of the Today Show piece:

They did mention Clare Gillis and that the White House was "getting involved" in the case.

Dick

Comment

Just Google Clair Morgana Gillis for news and the Facebook page you can link to your facebook.

Please spread the word anyway you can.

This has been 15 days! Way to long to be ignored.

Thank you all for your support.

William Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                              X