Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted on Facebook for you.

Comment

She's alive and has called her parents! Now to get her realeased?
      Let there be peace on earth and good will toward all.

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."

William Shakespeare

Comment

Glad to hear the good news; hoping to hear more.

Why not post it on facebook or tell a loved one; even just googling "Clair Morgana Gillis" might help a little.
        “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”

~John Muir

Photos

Comment

Great news, Rickie. Keep us in the loop.
          http://www.adkwildernessguide.com

Comment

Good news, we will keep praying!
            "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

bump.....

Any updates Rickie?........ I'm really hoping this turns out well. Very positive news on the call. Hoping to hear about her release soon.

Good luck friend
              "I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger. " Supreme Chancellor

Comment

Article in USA Today, today.
                "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Little Rickie View Post
                  She's alive and has called her parents! Now to get her realeased?
                  Hang in there brother...I can't imagine how difficult this is for you and Kathy...send my best to her as well.
                  “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

The whereabouts of two journalists who disappeared this month while covering the war in Libya were revealed Friday and both appear to be healthy and in custody of the government, the Committee to Protect Journalists said.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. 23 days and counting!

Clair has made a second call to her parents and she says she is treated well. So someone knows where she is and someone is able to talk to her. So....Why doesn't she get to go home?

Quote:
                      Also on Monday, White House spokesman Jay Carney was asked at the daily press briefing for an update on efforts to secure Gillis' release. "I think what I've said is -- and what I'll continue to say -- is, we're obviously very concerned," he said. "We oppose the detention of journalists, human rights activists and others, and we're doing what we can to help in this situation. To comment further would be counterproductive."

You figure it out.

Please continuing to get the word out. Someone(s) is listening but not enough is getting done. Feel free to apply some motivation.
                      Last edited by Little Rickie; 04-28-2011, 07:20 AM.

William Shakespeare

Comment

Bump

24 Days! Don't let these people be forgotten. Please help make this viral.

William Shakespeare

Comment

News coverage on WCVB, Boston -- Channel 5

There was coverage on Boston's Channel 5, WCVB, in the 5 o'clock news hour. They interviewed the mother of one of the men being held and they mentioned Clare.

Little Rickie, has anyone heard anything from them?

Pat T

Comment

A Facebook update:
                            Friends for the Release of Clare Gillis. 941 likes. Clare, Jim, and Manu were released on May 18, 2011. We mourn the death and celebrate the life of Anton Hammerl who died on April 5th..

Dick

Comment

Well it's been a month and nothing naada zip!

We’ll make sure the page is back up asap.

10 Journalist are killed every month

Turkey, that was negotiating for therei release has pulled out their embasy

It's not looking good folks and every day it could be getting worse. Help get then out

William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by Little Rickie View Post
                                Well it's been a month and nothing naada zip!

We’ll make sure the page is back up asap.

10 Journalist are killed every month

Turkey, that was negotiating for therei release has pulled out their embasy

It's not looking good folks and every day it could be getting worse. Help get then out
                                Sorry this is still on going Rickie - take consolation in the fact that they appear to be being treated well. I know it's not much...

One thought occurred to me - this sounds vaguely familiar to the three hikers that were captured in Iran...they have a very large Facebook presence, and thought you might want to touch base with them to get some insight on some of the political actions they've taken (note that one of them has been released).

Hang in there Rich, and best to Kathy...we're all thinking of you.
                                “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

Working...
                                X