Smoothie recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoothie recipes

Anyone got any killer smoothie recipes to share? (non alcoholic).

Hawk
    "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Originally posted by redhawk View Post
    Anyone got any killer smoothie recipes to share? (non alcoholic).

Hawk
    They make that kind?
    You can never conquer the mountain. You can only conquer yourself.

Comment

Ha...anti-freeze and....oh wait.. <---just kidding about the killer kind do not use!!!!

I love peanut butter smoothies and the fruit is very interchangable.

Makes like 3 16 oz servings but I usually eye ball the levels.

Peanut Butter 2 table spoons
      Plain Yogurt (I use the Greek kind) 1 cup (can also use soy yogurt)
      2 cups of ice
      1 Bananna
      half dozen strawberries (and 1 for the top when done for presentation).

My wife has colitis which causes terrible intestine pain and especially during pregnancy. This is a good way for her to get some protein and vitamins without irritating the symptoms. I've also learned to put spinach in everything but I never tried it in a smoothy!
      A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they never shall sit in

Comment

Ok real answer.....

Equal parts yougart and skim milk, too many strawberries and one or two over ripe banannas. Blend and add a few drops of vanallia. Freeze the banannas after they turn...use them frozen. (add rum).
        You can never conquer the mountain. You can only conquer yourself.

Comment

I use milk, over-ripe bananas, vanilla extract and frozen blueberries. I'll add strawberries too, when they're in season.

Comment

Right now I'm using fresh strawberries or raspberries, some sliced banana, Vanilla Greek Yogurt and ice. I'm going to add the Peanut Butter that PQ suggested for some more protein.

I think I want to try some Mango and Kiwi Fruit as well and if I can find some fresh papaya.........
            "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Don't forget to add these options -

Almond extract
              Tofu
              Cranberry juice
              Orange/ Lemon zest
              Cinnamon/Cardamom/nutmeg
              Frozen fruits
              Pineapple from a can!
              Eggs - raw....obviously
              Honey
              MILK/heavy cream/ice cream