The oppressed become the oppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The oppressed become the oppressor

Indian tribe expels slave descendants. I'm not sure if this involves some sort of entitlement cuts but it just seems like a less than politically correct thing to do.

Interesting read about Freedmen
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they never shall sit in

Originally posted by Pumpkin QAAD View Post
    Indian tribe expels slave descendants. I'm not sure if this involves some sort of entitlement cuts but it just seems like a less than politically correct thing to do.

Interesting read about Freedmen
    http://www.cherokeebyblood.com/blackindians.htm
    There really is a lot behind the reasoning, which would take quite a bit of time to explain since there is some extensive "history" that needs to be learned to understand that reasoning.

And the "Freedmen" did not carry the baggage" as the plaintiff claims.

You also need to understand that once again the U.S. Government is doing everything they can to undermine the soverignty that the nations were granted under treaty and to revoke their rights. Blood percentages play a part in that.

Hawk
    "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

I really had no idea that Native Americans were involved in the slave trade and using slaves for labor. Apparantly some of the cherokee relocated were rather wealthy plantation owners that continued to utilize slavery until after the civil war. If the relocation was tough on the Cherokee I wonder how the slaves fared. You don't hear much about that.

It should come as no suprise that the US is involved in someone else's sovereignty seems like its policy.
      A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they never shall sit in

Comment

Working...
      X