Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
Glen
Check please

Making room

So I need to clean out some of my stuff and want to offer my original Caddis float tube, circa 1987 to anyone interested. I didn't put it in classifieds as I'm giving it away and just ask to cover shipping which I guess to be around $15?

It's an old school tube which is a round circle with a tire tube inside. As far as I know it should inflate and hold air fine. This is before the "u-boats" and other open ended tubes became popular. It's green and tan. This would be great for anyone looking to start cheaply and/or get a child into the game without much expense. I've caught a lot of fish in it and it would be great for the brookie ponds. Fins not included.

If interested PM me and we can go from there. I am not going to blow it up and take pictures as my description pretty much covers it.
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #2
Lucky13

That is very generous of you. I would likely take you up on the offer but I have a similar vintage Orvis in the basement, and I have yet to find a good way to get into and out of a mucky bottom pond with a circular tube, or any tube for that matter, why I got my Radisson.
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #3
Stillhunter

I have the same Caddis round tube from this timeframe 1987. Good functional tube that I hope someone takes advantage of your offer. I would inflate it and confirm that the tube is still air tight and reliable before taking it out very far on a pond or lake. Mine sat for years and I went to use it and the tube had developed dry rot or cracks that caused it to leak air. I contacted caddis and they said to buy a replacement tube from a supplier online. I now store it with a little air to keep its shape and prevent cracking. Good entry level tube and opportunity for someone to get their feet wet so to speak.
Stillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #4
Klinkhamer

I usually donate stuff like that to a local Trout Unlimited chapter so they can sell it at annual flea markets or use it or a prize at fund-raising banquets, etc. You get a minor tax write off. I have a 20 yr old U-tube I've never used on water yet and I gave my brother the same Caddis float tube about same time frame and he's never used it either.