Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #11
forest dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBB View Post
If you don't like beaver dams you really don't want to paddle upstream of High Falls. Dozens and dozens of dams between there and the Headwaters carry trail. It's some what easier going downstream but not much.
I didn't mind them so much going up river, I'd just get out and pull tge canoe past them. They are MUCH more of a problem on land surrounded by water, swamp and dense forest, not knowing exactly how much work it will be to get around but knowing it will be a lot and very miserable.

I don't mind walking across old, established very stable ones but this was not one of those and my companion wanted no part of that.

As I said, I'd volunteer to help out with a trail re-route on higher ground where it would be less likely to happen again.
forest dweller is offline   Reply With Quote