Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
BushwhackingFool

Question Current Bear Pond Rd condition

Can anyone share any information on the current condition of Bear Pond Road along the western edge of the Five Ponds Wilderness?

I am planning a bushwhacking trip sometime this spring/summer and I need to use this road to gain access. I am hoping my little Honda Fit can manage making it all the way to the Upper South Pond parking lot near the end of the public access portion of the road.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
BushwhackingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
BushwhackingFool

Bear Pond Road condition

For anyone interested, Bear Pond Road is in pretty good condition, especially considering all the recent rain we've been getting. There are plenty of ruts, protruding rocks and puddles, but with great care, low speeds (I'm talking 10 mph) and a little luck, a car can make it the entire way to its terminus.

I did just that recently with my little Honda Fit. If that car can do it, then almost any vehicle without super low clearance can. I only heard scraping underneath once or twice too!
BushwhackingFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bear pond road, five ponds wilderness, upper south pond