Farmer's Daughter Gravel Grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmer's Daughter Gravel Grinder

wow! what a great event! Really tough course, much harder than the BFC and longer with steeper hills... but there's ice cream at the top of one of them. Well stocked aid stations, one by Bountiful Bread. This is not a race- unless you want to make it one. It is a great training ride for the BFC.

Thanks to everyone that put this together and all the volunteers!
    sigpic

I'm looking for a bike for this type of event...
    What did you ride?
    Are you doing Vermont Overland?
    Paul

Comment

I rode my Salsa Spearfish... full suspension MTB. There's four sections of single track that made it worthwhile for me... and of the bikes I have the best overall choice.
      I'm not riding the VO- too close to TATR Grand Depart.
      sigpic

Comment

I have a hard tail MTB...really want a warbird. I'd buy one if I could find one!
        Ride pavement at all?
        Paul

Comment

Warbird is a nice ride. A few of my friends have them. I don't ride much on the road, although I have an older Salsa Vaya I built up ... saving up for a Cannondale Slate... What size Warbird are you looking for?
          sigpic

Comment

I think 53 but maybe 51 in carbon...really hard to find this spring!
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by mt.runner View Post
              I think 53 but maybe 51 in carbon...really hard to find this spring!
              Go see Tone at Spa City Cycle in Balston Spa . He has a line on a 53cm Carbon in Red. You're right, they are scarce.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X