New to the Adirondacks, Looking for first hike suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Adirondacks, Looking for first hike suggestions

I am trying to plan my first long weekend hike of the year (hopefully early spring). I will be with one other experienced hiker. I am new to the Adirondacks (I have not hiked it yet, but my partner has). I am looking to climb high peaks. Any suggestions on where is the best place to start?

The Adirondacks is vast with thousands of hiking opportunities. You mention the high peaks, which is fine, but note that those trails tend to be heavily traveled. I recommend that you investigate other areas as well, and a study of the Discover the Adirondacks series of guidebooks should be in your near future. You can order directly, or find them in most local outlets where books and other outdoor gear is sold.

This website is for sale! hiketheadirondacks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, hiketheadirondacks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I have no financial interest in the series, I only suggest that it is an excellent resource for what you seek, including high peaks and beyond.
    "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

And depending on spring time trails can be ice covered at elevation and muddy down low.
      Temperatures will fall 20 degrees minimum at night and black flies come out in late spring.
      Prepare for all situations. Oh, and you also likely will see snow.

Comment

Working...
      X