Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
swizzlenutz
Professional Bottle Digger

Arrowheads and spear points?

Has anyone here ever found a site with arrowheads, spear points or any other native american artifacts? I very seldom hear of such finds but I know they are there. I want to take some pics with my digital camera where the arrowheads lie. I'm not looking to plunder a site, just want to enjoy the scenery to the max. I intend to bring my son up on the trail and I don't want to scrape the landscape of such beautiful works of art. I also intend to teach him to do the same. I'm hoping to find a place off the trail because I quickly tire of looking for artifacts through piles of trash. Redhawk I definately want to plan a short bushwack with you sometime this late spring or early summer. You give me a time frame to work with and I'll make the time. If you want we'll plan it close to wells. Maybe the 3rd and 4th waterfalls on the river or bennett middle and murphy, or any other spot close by that you'd like to go. Location doesn't matter as long as its in the woods or by a water source. Jason
swizzlenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:22 PM   #2
redhawk
Senior Resident Curmudgeon

You talking about a day hike or an overnighter?
"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:58 AM   #3
swizzlenutz
Professional Bottle Digger

Probably just a day hike. Maybe an overnighter towards the middle or end of summer. Jason
swizzlenutz is offline   Reply With Quote