Then and Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then and Now

How about a Then and Now photo thread...
    For starters, here's a view of an Adirondack abandoned building in 2011 and as it looked yesterday. I'll need to scour my archives to find other, similar perspective, time gapped photos.

Let's see yours.

How it looked in Sept 2011

How it looked yesterday

Thanks for sharing; interesting idea that I wish I could contribute to. Whereabouts is this abandoned church? I could swear I saw one that looked just like this in a dream several years ago...

Comment

Nehasane train station, Oct 1999

same station, July 2007

Comment

West Lake 1982 and 2010
        Attached Files

Comment

Five Mile Mt. 1985 and 2005
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post
            How about a Then and Now photo thread...
            For starters, here's a view of an Adirondack abandoned building in 2011 and as it looked yesterday. I'll need to scour my archives to find other, similar perspective, time gapped photos.

Let's see yours.

How it looked in Sept 2011

How it looked yesterday

Very cool! Where is that? I'd love to get a shot of that with the large format camera.

Comment

Shall I post pictures of myself, then and now?
              The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                Shall I post pictures of myself, then and now?
                My wife and I joke about that all the time. We don't even take pictures of ourselves camping or backpacking anymore because you could just put them in a stack in chronological order and make a flip book animation of us getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyVirgil View Post
                  Very cool! Where is that? I'd love to get a shot of that with the large format camera.
                  Ain't sayin'
                  Check your PM's

I knew I had another of the Nehasane station...here it is in Aug 1984

Last edited by stripperguy; 11-23-2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Nehasane must be much worse then last time I was there in May 6,2012…

First time i visited, early 90's, i was able to climb upstairs for a peek, even though the steps were gone… the sides were solid-ish. Plaster fallen from the lath walls and ceilings littered the remaining floors to a thick crunchy layer. There was a large hole in kitchen floor, which was right below large hole in roof you can see in the pics from 2012, but the rest of the rooms were solid enough to wander through. Nothing remained but empty rooms, an old sink. However, in 2012, it was all too far gone to hazard a walk anywhere inside, we just peeked in from the door off the side porch to left, maybe into the first room.

Too bad really… but who would take care of it? We took three full bags of cans and other trash from all around near the tracks and around the building. Apparently when emptied of beer or chips, they become too heavy to snowmobile back out. The aspect of "rails to trails" that they won't mention.

Someday I'll tell the rest of the story of this trip and how we became perhaps the last passengers to disembark and embark from this station… but that is another story.

I wish I could have seen the camp, we got to see Lows camp before it was removed… but was just too late for Lila's.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by RichieC; 11-24-2015, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Here's the barn at the Santanoni farm complex as it was in Oct 1997

Here is the barn in May 2010

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post
                        Here is the barn in May 2010
                        I miss that old barn. What a shame -- they had just replaced the roof, too.

Comment

Same Spot, Different Bikes

MRP

October 2015:
                          IMG_5018 by Mike, on Flickr

August 2011:
                          Pugsley was here by Mike, on Flickr

January 2011, winter:
                          IMAG1472 by Mike, on Flickr

Comment

Jill Homer also called her bike "Pugsley" ... interesting coincidence?
                            sigpic

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.

Comment

Originally posted by kwc View Post
                              Jill Homer also called her bike "Pugsley" ... interesting coincidence?
                              http://www.jilloutside.com/
                              Yeah, the bike is named Pugsley by the company... and now they have a Wednesday...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X