Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite Hot Sauces - Salsa Picante!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am disappointed that no one has mentioned Sirracha.

Finally found some at Shure Fine.
    They also had Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce... will try both.

Thanks!

Comment

Sambal sauce

I have in my refrigerator both of Huy Fong's chili garlic and sriracha sauces.

My favorite Huy Fong's Rooster brand of chili sauce is their plain sambal chili sauce. If you're not careful, Sriracha can easily overpower a dish. Both it and the chili garlic sauce contain garlic and I'd much prefer to add fresh garlic to the sambal chili sauce in the proportions wanted which are usually large.
      Attached Files

Comment

From an absolutely masochistic perspective or for those who think "no sauce can be too hot" check this out.

It's made with the bhut jolokia pepper which checks in at over 1,000,000 SHU (Scoville Heat Untis). If you don't know what a SHU is then you don't know hot sauce.

"The Indian military plans to weaponize the bhut jolokia, the world's hottest chili pepper, by using it in tear-gas grenades against terrorists, defense officials there have announced.

The notorious pepper from Bangladesh and northeast India, also known as the "ghost chili," is ranked by Guinness World Records as the most piquant of peppers. It has more than 1 million Scoville heat units, way beyond tabasco and jalapeno peppers, which pack 2,500 to 8,000 units. "
        "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Hawk....have you tried ghost chilis before? I tried chicken wings with ghost chili sauce with a group of buddies. Most had one and that was it. Immediate tears, difficulty breathing, lots of fluids downed (but no milk around) and hoarse voices.

I was able to soldier through four of them and it wasn't easy. Having said that, the second, was easier than the first and the third easier than the second, and so on.

Brutal stuff but glad I tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by wiiawiwb View Post
            Hawk....have you tried ghost chilis before? I tried chicken wings with ghost chili sauce with a group of buddies. Most had one and that was it. Immediate tears, difficulty breathing, lots of fluids downed (but no milk around) and hoarse voices.

I was able to soldier through four of them and it wasn't easy. Having said that, the second, was easier than the first and the third easier than the second, and so on.

Brutal stuff but glad I tried it.
            Nope. I like Spicy, not pain.
            "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

My favorite hot sauce for the past few years is Melindas Habanero Hot Sauce. Carrot juice is used as the base rather than tomato. The sauce comes in a few heat levels from regular up to XXXX. I like the XXXX the best.
              Although it is made from habaneros the flavor of the sauce still shines through and it really isn't as hot as some sauces. http://www.melindas.com/

As Death Star suggested, Sirracha hot sauce is excellent and I always have a bottle on hand. Seems like most of the Vietnamese soup houses down this way have this on the tables.

I like to use the old stand by, Tabasco Sauce, for alot of cooking. It is especially good for marinating fish for a short time before battering and deep frying.

Comment

armegeddon sauce from the red dog near inlet. its over-the-top hot, but pretty tasty in small doses to wing recipes, etc

Comment

Tamarack Sap- absooooolutely!!

Also: California Screamin'

Comment

tabasco when i am backpacking. it makes all that dehydrated stuff good eating.
                    High Peaks: 14/46
                    NPT 2011

Comment

Working...
                    X