• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Forge area:
    Breakfast:
    Keyes Pancake House-great pancakes, good coffee, soso bacon/eggs
    Walt's Diner-better priced pancakes, better eggs, soso coffee
    Nathan's Bakery for the WIN! Original bagels, cinnamon donuts & pour your own coffee.
    The Donut Shop in Eagle Bay also has incredible fresh cinnamon donuts.

Lunch/Dinner:
    DiOrio's Supermarket deli counter for great subs, Boars Head cold cuts/cheeses + tasty muffins
    Lion King Chinese Restaurant, better than you might expect
    Slickers Tavern, bar fare, pool table, try the French Dip
    Pied Piper, for a quick burger, fries n shake ... grab a bench overlooking the pond
    Adirondack Dog House, across the street, burgers n dogs also
    Red Dog Tavern, for crazy hot wings
    Old Mill Restaurant, classic sit-down, great food
    Daikers (4th Lake) - Very nice ADK decor. Lake view, deck.

Comment

• ""Old Mill Restaurant, classic sit-down, great food""

Snoeboarder I'll agree with your entire post except for the Old Mill comment... I have been there 3 times and each time was worse than the previous one. Very poor service, flies buzzing our heads, food was sub-par at best. We'll never go back.

Comment

• Honestly, I've heard the same, I don't go often but when I did it was really tasty and filling. Plus it's the place 'Mom likes' and her tastes are the opposite, so I went in expecting a dinner disaster. My tastes are simple... good bread, hearty soups, steak/chicken, good desserts. Other than corn on the cob and potatoes (if that counts) I don't eat veggies, I feel the need to disclaim that to everyone, lol.
        Last edited by snoeboarder; 08-08-2012, 12:35 PM. Reason: good desserts, not good deserts

Comment

Working...
        X